GS - 4th Gen (2013-2020) Discussion about the 2013 and up GS models

Funny admiration story

Old 04-28-13, 08:02 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Funny admiration story

It's been a while since anyone posted one of these stories, so I though it was time. I drove into Home Depot garden center the other day to pick up some mulch. At this store, you drive through the back, have the mulch loaded into your trunk and go pay the outside cashier. When I drove up, the female cashier said, "I'll give you the mulch for free". (Wait for it.) "If you give me your car." Her male counterpart said "The Sport model is really nice" and asked me if I liked it. Pretty soon they were checking out the inside as well.

I told her I couldn't negotiate the deal because I would no longer have anything with which to transport mulch.
Old 04-28-13, 08:11 PM
larryinWA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Next time, get a picture of the checking out the car
Old 04-28-13, 08:14 PM
yardie876
Lexus Champion

Received 87 Likes on 73 Posts

Nice. I had a lady compliment me on my car the other day with a chicken bone she was eating hanging out of her mouth. I was at a loss of words lol.
Old 04-28-13, 08:15 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by larryinWA
Next time, get a picture of the checking out the car
That would have been great, but I don't take pictures of everything because I prefer to be "in the moment", not with my face stuck in my iPhone.
Old 04-28-13, 08:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by dseag2
It's been a while since anyone posted one of these stories, so I though it was time. I drove into Home Depot garden center the other day to pick up some mulch. At this store, you drive through the back, have the mulch loaded into your trunk and go pay the outside cashier. When I drove up, the female cashier said, "I'll give you the mulch for free". (Wait for it.) "If you give me your car." Her male counterpart said "The Sport model is really nice" and asked me if I liked it. Pretty soon they were checking out the inside as well.

I told her I couldn't negotiate the deal because I would no longer have anything with which to transport mulch.
did you get the mulch ?... i just found out today that my neighbor did not know which model my GS was . idiot drove past me yesterday then stopped and backed up, got out of his car and asked me if this was the new GS . i just looked at him for 10 seconds (a slow 10 seconds) then told him yes. he went around the back to look but i debadged the LS... so he says this is a nice GS. i just laughed.
Old 04-29-13, 08:19 AM
bigblack06

Received 315 Likes on 219 Posts

Originally Posted by sydtoosic
did you get the mulch ?... i just found out today that my neighbor did not know which model my GS was . idiot drove past me yesterday then stopped and backed up, got out of his car and asked me if this was the new GS . i just looked at him for 10 seconds (a slow 10 seconds) then told him yes. he went around the back to look but i debadged the LS... so he says this is a nice GS. i just laughed.
Those people make me laugh! I've only gotten the looks and the pointing fingers. Really needed my car lowered though!
Old 04-29-13, 08:47 AM
puckhead85
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wasn't your GS black...i think your "GS" is the MJ of cars
Old 04-29-13, 09:34 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So, if I understand you correctly, someone went out of their way to pay you a compliment and your reaction was to try to make them feel bad and then denegrate them here...and this person is your neighbor???!!!
Old 04-29-13, 01:58 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

Cool story. I don't think I would use mine to transport mulch though. Mine still smells like leather.

Some months ago, I just pulled into a spot at the local convenience store and right next to me a guy in a red Ford pulled in. A third vehicle pulled in at around the same time. All three of us got out of our vehicles and began to make our way into the store when the driver of the third car pointed at our two red cars right next to each other and said: "Wow, your cars look like twins!"

The driver of the red Ford replied, "Ummm, no. Not twins." He pointed at my red Lexus and added, "He has an 'L' on his car...I have an 'F' on mine. We all LOLed at that one.

Pretty funny reply by the owner of the Ford. Kind of humbling for me.
Old 04-29-13, 03:39 PM
ECL
Instructor

Received 36 Likes on 30 Posts

I had my first compliment today. The car is a year old. A stranger walked to me in a hotel parking lot and said, " Nice car!" I said, "Thank you".
Old 04-29-13, 04:29 PM
sydtoosic
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by puckhead85
Wasn't your GS black...i think your "GS" is the MJ of cars
yes my GS was Obsidian, MJ, as in Michael Jordan or Michael Jackson ? i'd prefer Michael Jordan .

Originally Posted by LeslieRC
So, if I understand you correctly, someone went out of their way to pay you a compliment and your reaction was to try to make them feel bad and then denegrate them here...and this person is your neighbor???!!!
my bad, i should have clarified better. it wasn't my neighbor, it was a random person that i'd never seen before. he did not feel bad after our brief convo. he really thought the car he was looking at was a GS. he left and got back into his car with a smile .
Old 04-29-13, 08:30 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Vasili
Cool story. I don't think I would use mine to transport mulch though. Mine still smells like leather.

Some months ago, I just pulled into a spot at the local convenience store and right next to me a guy in a red Ford pulled in. A third vehicle pulled in at around the same time. All three of us got out of our vehicles and began to make our way into the store when the driver of the third car pointed at our two red cars right next to each other and said: "Wow, your cars look like twins!"

The driver of the red Ford replied, "Ummm, no. Not twins." He pointed at my red Lexus and added, "He has an 'L' on his car...I have an 'F' on mine. We all LOLed at that one.

Pretty funny reply by the owner of the Ford. Kind of humbling for me.
The mulch goes in the trunk, not on the seat.
Old 04-29-13, 08:55 PM
Vasili
Lexus Test Driver

The mulch goes in the trunk, not on the seat.
Yes! That's a relief.
Old 04-30-13, 06:41 AM
LeslieRC
Lexus Test Driver

my bad, i should have clarified better. it wasn't my neighbor, it was a random person that i'd never seen before. he did not feel bad after our brief convo. he really thought the car he was looking at was a GS. he left and got back into his car with a smile .
Cool! To me, these days when people are mostly like islands unto themselves, very few things are better, or more sincere and welcome, than receiving an unsolicited compliment. In this sense, it's of no importance that the admirer could not distinguish your LS from a GS...to them, they liked your car and it presented an opportunity to share and inform. I had a similar experience with my `11 MSport 750i xDrive when I was assisting a friend close on their beach house...the realtor complimented me on my 5 Series! I thanked them and acknowledged how easy it was to confuse a 5 Series with a 7 Series unless one knew what to look for. We then began a discussion about cars, went to lunch, and during which solved my friend's concern about leaving the house vacant for 9 months each year while she resided in Paris...the outcome was that the realtor would check on it monthly. So, I feel like a simple compliment in this instance led to mutual respect and a good acquaintance. You can never know who that person approaching with a kind word might be and how they might be of some indirect/direct assistance.
Old 04-30-13, 11:46 AM
jucytec
Rookie

was she hot? that is the real question.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Funny admiration story