Canada For events in Canada.

negative experiences at regency lexus (consumer alert)

Old 01-22-13, 11:00 AM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default negative experiences at regency lexus (consumer alert)

Purchased isf
Significant discrepancies with the start km(odometer) when comparing vehicle reading to what was on file with Lexus canada. For the same start date.

Negative experiences started when I brought this up.

If I did not notice this irregularity regency Lexus might be still nice to me and I would be saying something different
I have no idea why they would do this?
Is it OK for the general manager or ? of a dealership to drive a car for almost 10000 km, not register it until a customer buys it and then misrepresent the start km to Lexus Canada.
Yes the car was discounted
Is this normal in the industry?
Old 01-22-13, 02:17 PM
SLK1Z
Driver School Candidate

What or how did they misrepresent the start Km?
Old 01-22-13, 03:45 PM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

They listed the start km as 25. With Lexus Canada. Instead of the actual which was close to 10 000km
Is this normal in the industry?
Old 01-22-13, 03:59 PM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

Unfortunately this has led to unfortunate negative experiences with regency. I am quite sure that this is not OK. Especially given the interaction with the salesman, sales manager, gm etc when i brought this up.
This is too bad as Regency seemed nice at first
Like the car though. Thought others should know
Old 01-23-13, 05:56 AM
BDSL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

If you didn't agree with the km's, don't sign the paper....
Old 01-23-13, 08:32 AM
minato
Pole Position

Not normal.
if you dont like it,
dont sign the papers,
there should be other lexus dealerships in BC.
Old 01-23-13, 10:07 AM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

Thanks for the replies
The papers they gave me had the correct km. Including the ext warranty application. However when the extended warranty booklet was mailed to me. It had the funny km thing. I must emphasize that when I brought this to regency Lexus's attention that is when negative experience began.
Sales manager ken said You knew the car had 9000km. What we do at lexus is none of your business.
I have tried to work this out with the dealer (I know I am naive
Btw Izzam (gm and principal of regency Lexus) was the one primarily driving the car.
From regency lexus's actions. There is intent with this and not an innocent mistake.

Lexus Canada knows. Unfortunately if it is the principal of a dealership. What is Lexus Canada going to do??
If you or someone you know has has this happen to them. Pm me I can give you the extension of Lexus Canada exec Ursula.
I want people to know about this. Learn from what happened to me
BTW. Even with this love the car
Old 01-23-13, 04:42 PM
jchong
Driver

So what was your other "negative" experiences? You bought a car at a discount, that you knew had 10k on it? How was it registered on the ownership?
Old 01-23-13, 06:34 PM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

Jchong. Not sure what you are asking about how was it registered on the Ownership?

I was promised future work to make up for my negative sales experience
This was deleted after. My follow up attempts to rectify. No luck. Why bother promising something if you don't want to do it anyway (negative experience)
Old 01-23-13, 08:49 PM
Droid13
Racer

Received 479 Likes on 333 Posts

I don't think anything you are seeing should really affect you in any way, and possibly it might even be a small benefit. Factory warranties and extended manufacturer warranties I believe are based on the in-service date and odometer reading. They sold you a car with 10,000km that had been used by the dealership with hopefully a pretty sizeable discount. However, since you are the first owner being reported to Lexus they probably need to report the odometer reading from when it was really new, you are getting a factory warranty that started as of 25km, not 10,000km. That would be perfectly normal.

Also, if they report to Lexus the car is in service Jan 15, 2013 with 25km on it, I think that's an advantage to you. Reporting the 25km means you just get the normal factory/extended warranty distance, but the date of the warranty starts now instead of months ago when the vehicle actually began to be used. If you drive less than the typical 20,000km/yr, this is a bonus for you as the warranty will last longer (according to the calendar, not the km used).

To be honest, I don't' see anything done here that should make you upset with the deal. If you like the car as it was, and liked the price, as those famous words go "don't worry, be happy".
Old 02-02-13, 12:39 AM
gmonster
Driver School Candidate

have been reading the forums here for some time now and this is the first time posting. i felt this is too close to home and too familiar not to comment on. i've worked in the vancouver auto industry for many years including several years at new luxury car dealers (name withheld for anonymity). from what drcho has described, i can tell you first hand that i've witnessed sales managers dismissed for just such acts of fraud. however since the sales manager and gm are both complicit, i doubt anything will happen at regency other than leading lexus canada to launch an audit of the dealership's sales and warranty claims. misrepresenting the start odometer reading to the manufacturer is just the tip of the iceberg of what happens at stealerships. i'm sure drcho that you are not the first and you won't be the last to have this happen to. i would recommend drcho contact lexus canada directly and clarify your warranty coverage in writing. as for regency lexus, they should know better (because every lexus dealer employee from lot attendant to sales managers are required to attend a lexus experience seminar and learn why visitors are referred to as guests and not customers) and the least they could do is send you a written apology along with a gift basket. shame on regency lexus, shame on the sales manager, and shame on the general manager. there is a reason why anyone with good sense in the lower mainland buys and services their lexus vehicles at open road lexus in richmond or port moody (any toyota dealer can service your vehicle, except for warranty related work). it is a low down dirty shame that regency lexus' shenanigans have lead to such negative experience for drcho.
Old 02-02-13, 06:44 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

you bought a new sales demo, probably at a discounted price. they usually must be sold before they hit a certain km like 10-15,000km
Old 02-06-13, 11:14 PM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

I have a excerpt from Izzam (Regency Lexus gm) as well as the full response from Frank Stokovac (Regency Lexus service manager) If i got above normal. What is normal?? Frank's response is indicative of the unnecessary challenges(negative experience) I had with Regency Lexus. (frank may have inadvertently sent this response to me, but it was sent to me nonetheless)

Well done Izzam

..."It appears from your comments that you are less than happy with the level of service which we have provided you to date. It is regrettable that you feel this way, since we feel we have gone above and beyond what we consider the normal levels of service which we provide. It may be that we are unable to meet your expectations in the future and as such we would respect your decision to service your vehicle elsewhere. "...
Sincerely,
_______
Izzam Ahamed
Regency Lexus
General Manager
Old 02-07-13, 12:00 AM
drcho
Driver School Candidate

Hi all: thanks for the replies. Love the collective wisdom here.

droid13 thanks for your post it made me feel better. this is the past and If we can learn what is right (dealership)and wrong(stealership) that is the most important. I know i am naive and trusting. (my downfall). Maybe i did get some benefit from this.
Hi sorrgwa how is it going. Been a long time. Love your gold gs430. What you said as long as its done within the distributor/dealer agreement and obviously without fraud/misrepresentation. (I don't know if there even is a way to sell "new" and 10000-15000 km with Lexus Canada)

gmonster from what I know now. You are 100% correct. With the possible exception of me getting a gift basket from regency lexus (i will let everyone know if one arrives though)

It is unfortunate that Regency Lexus "shenanigans" et al lead to this. Regency was so nice at the beginning(i know naive). I tried to see where I may have contributed to this meltdown, but could not come up with anything. The harsh reality is Regency Lexus obviously does not value my patronage, does not respect me (i do look younger than I am) does not value their distributor (lexus canada): dealer agreement. etc

Btw
Lexus canada Ursula extension 3360

Last edited by drcho; 02-07-13 at 12:05 AM.