Car Chat General discussion about Lexus, other auto manufacturers and automotive news.

5th-gen LS spied on the road

Old 06-02-12, 12:06 AM
cino
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
I am excited to see the next gen LS. I have a feeling I will end up with another LS in the future.
I will end up with the latest LS when I'm 45+. LOL I'm 23 now.
Old 06-03-12, 01:34 AM
mordecai
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new LS looks more "muscular" already, unless those are just camouflage padding I'm seeing.

Also, if the rumors of this being a refresh is true I guess Lexus is beginning to do more dramatic refreshes of their cars, not unlike BMW's "Life Cycle Impulse" where they introduce glimpses of their next generation vehicles on their current generation. Lexus has already done this on the RX and LX, and soon on the CT F-sport.
Old 06-05-12, 02:41 AM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

Originally Posted by Vladi
I just want that GS300h with 230-250hp and 35 MPG combined in F-Sport trim
That would be nice wouldn't it. Somehow the product planners here in the United States don't seem to grasp the F Sport and Hybrid idea unlike the rest of the world (example, US Spec CT F Sport...bumpers). I understand there is a cost factor associated with those decisions but if you don't built it, they will never come. People will pay the money for premium products. People will look elsewhere if the offerings are just mediocre.
Old 06-05-12, 06:40 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

^^^ amen! ....
Old 06-05-12, 06:44 AM
LexFather

Originally Posted by cmk1
What does that really have to do with anything? I only registered here two months ago to provide the teaser images, so I have no idea how I'm "new" really affects or detracts from longtime knowledge that I've had of Lexus products. Am I not to be trusted? I do not work for Lexus, so like everyone else I am not going to know whether they are extensively facelifting or redesigning it with evolutionary styling, from information based on a heavily disguised and until recently, a very secretly kept vehicle. A lot of people have already stated that the idea of them facelifting it twice is unlikely and is only going help competitors like Mercedes-Benz. Lexus NEVER tests facelifts this extensively, they simply unveil them when the time comes. Only their next generation models see this type of testing. My verdict has always been that it is evolutionary, as is the upcoming IS(XE30).
You took that way personal All I'm saying is I stated this quite sometime ago and "newbs" like to spout their opinion and not listen to those that might know a thing or two. Its not like I argued with them or anyone that said the LS was going to be completely new. So welcome aboard.

Originally Posted by rominl
cmk, your posts are very welcome here, just keep it up
I know it is, b/c I said so

Originally Posted by flipside909
That would be nice wouldn't it. Somehow the product planners here in the United States don't seem to grasp the F Sport and Hybrid idea unlike the rest of the world (example, US Spec CT F Sport...bumpers). I understand there is a cost factor associated with those decisions but if you don't built it, they will never come. People will pay the money for premium products. People will look elsewhere if the offerings are just mediocre.
Its ridiculous. Can't get F-sport hybrids here outside the CT. Lexus has completely boxed hybrid owners here as only green hippies who only care about bamboo wood and not taking showers and living in tree houses to save the environment.

Old 06-05-12, 02:49 PM
Slvr surfr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Actually a two hybrid setups would be nice. A performance hybrid topping the range(LS600h), the regular V8 for traditional buyers (LS460/500), and a mpg hybrid geared towards fuel economy(LS400h). Not sure Lexus would like that idea because pricing the V8 and the mpg hybrid may prove difficult.
Old 06-05-12, 03:48 PM
I8ABMR
Lexus Fanatic

Received 100 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by cino
I will end up with the latest LS when I'm 45+. LOL I'm 23 now.
LOL. Stay in school bro. Put your head in the books and do not look around you will achieve what you want in life just make sure to NEVER take your eyes off the prize. I have many friends who got side tracked because they were dating a girl they didn't want to leave behind to go to grad school. I always say [B]" you can always lose money chasing women, but you will never lose women chasing money".

Last edited by I8ABMR; 06-05-12 at 03:52 PM.
Old 06-05-12, 04:02 PM
spwolf
Lexus Champion

Received 104 Likes on 75 Posts

Originally Posted by Slvr surfr
Actually a two hybrid setups would be nice. A performance hybrid topping the range(LS600h), the regular V8 for traditional buyers (LS460/500), and a mpg hybrid geared towards fuel economy(LS400h). Not sure Lexus would like that idea because pricing the V8 and the mpg hybrid may prove difficult.
well there will probably be 450h and 600h...
Old 06-05-12, 04:48 PM
cino
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by I8ABMR
LOL. Stay in school bro. Put your head in the books and do not look around you will achieve what you want in life just make sure to NEVER take your eyes off the prize. I have many friends who got side tracked because they were dating a girl they didn't want to leave behind to go to grad school. I always say [B]" you can always lose money chasing women, but you will never lose women chasing money".
QFT. LOL
Well, I will be on my second degree next year, so don't you worry.
Old 06-06-12, 07:29 AM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,095 Likes on 1,358 Posts

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
YLexus has completely boxed hybrid owners here as only green hippies who only care about bamboo wood and not taking showers and living in tree houses to save the environment.
ROFL thanks for the laughs.
Old 06-06-12, 07:37 AM
MPLexus301
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wonder what it would take for Lexus to give is GS 450h F-Sport, RX 450h F-Sport, etc.
Old 06-06-12, 11:13 AM
Blackraven
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I still can't help thinking and daydreaming of an LS-F hahaha

Anyways, what can we expect in terms of features? Here's what I'm guessing:
-Upgrades to an already amazing Mark Levinson reference sound system (20 speakers at bare minimum and probably increase in output plus Greenedge speakers)
-completely digital instrument panel display (this will probably be an extension of what we see in the current LS Hybrid and so forth)
-paddle shifters as standard equipment (even for non Sport models)
-Rear entertainment system will now have two screens (we've seen this in the latest LX570 facelift)

Hehe I can't think of the rest

Old 06-06-12, 11:28 AM
ydooby
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blackraven
I still can't help thinking and daydreaming of an LS-F hahaha

Anyways, what can we expect in terms of features? Here's what I'm guessing:
-Upgrades to an already amazing Mark Levinson reference sound system (20 speakers at bare minimum and probably increase in output plus Greenedge speakers)
-completely digital instrument panel display (this will probably be an extension of what we see in the current LS Hybrid and so forth)
-paddle shifters as standard equipment (even for non Sport models)
-Rear entertainment system will now have two screens (we've seen this in the latest LX570 facelift)

Hehe I can't think of the rest

If the RSES can be moved to the two headrests then the LS can finally have a panoramic sunroof...
Old 06-06-12, 12:02 PM
AJL0365
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by ydooby
If the RSES can be moved to the two headrests then the LS can finally have a panoramic sunroof...
I personally been in a LS 460 swb with the SAME EXACT setup of the dual screens like in the LX & RX. was shocked to see it like that but it was in there, not mounted in the headrest but a screen like the the SUVs