Toronto Motorsports Park Cayuga

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-14, 08:37 AM
L0ngJ0hn
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Toronto Motorsports Park Cayuga

Toronto Motorsports Park Cayuga

I've been to this place countless times through the years and each time it gets worse!
We all know how shady the stands are...
After attending CSCS I realized the asphalt in this place has gotten extremely bad. There is no excuse to not pave it. Its a place for cars! There are various events including show and shines where lowered/slammed cars arrive and are expected to drive across this pothole ridden place and park off road on the muddy grass. I think any racer will tell you dragging all these rocks onto the track isn't helping either. Its no wonder there was such a poor showing at CSCS. They need to take a lesson from Canadian Tire Motorsport Park and their ish together.

Last Wed I drove 1 1/2 hrs to attend a Test and Tune session. I showed up around 8:30 since the hours posted are 7-11. This would give me plenty of time to get some passes in.
After doing a couple passes, I parked my car for a cool down period while I guided my buddy at the line with his slicks. At 9:50 were told to get our last run in because the track is closing early.
I politely let them know how I felt and if I could get atleast another couple passes. After telling me "sure", I came back from my first pass to see them shutting down the track.

Regretfully, we started removing his slicks and getting ready for the long drive back. At this point an old lady came toward us yelling and pressuring us to hurry up because it was almost 10:30 and they had to go home. We were treated like children and told we have 3 minutes to get out!! After 5 minutes they turned the lights off on us and left us to finish in the dark (pitch black).

They rejected our request for a refund and sent us on our way.
As stated before I have been in the car community for 15 years. I'm not a 16 yr old kid with a Civic. I treat everyone with respect and would like the same in return. That's why I thought I would share this story with the car community as this is clearly not the way you do business or treat your paying customers. Feel free to make your own opinions of this place but neither I or any of my friends will be back there until they fix these issues, especially the customer service.

Old 07-25-14, 09:10 AM
minato
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its just sad
This is why the car community in canada is over rated , outdated and ****ty
everyone is out to make a quick buck or two
it trickles down to CL and I see somethings that make me shake my head
I have heard nothing but bad reviews about cayuga, and dont think I will ever visit there.

I would say keep doing whaat you doing and find another track
Old 07-26-14, 08:47 PM
Globalinx
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its still a good track. Sure if they charged $500+ a run as they do at old Mosport(cadtire) it be paved on the parking lot. They did "invest" in to making curbs better on the road course. And they open during winter thats where its at for me

https://vimeo.com/m/88449295