IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-14, 10:27 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!

I have ~3000 miles on my IS350 F-Sport that I purchased in January and had my 6mo / 5k checkup. Car has been great and I only listed 3 minor things for the dealer to address.

1. Excessive Brake Dust on Front
2. ACC button sits lower than all other steering wheel button height
3. Light scratch on steering wheel trim.

Service rep takes his finger and checks the front wheels. Acknowledges excessive brake dust. I was hoping they would offer swap with pad that has less dust but he later claims everything normal. Even though I've read others on this forum getting offer for different pads by their dealer, this service rep doesn't make any such offer.

Service rep wants to compare the ACC button with another car even though I asked him to adjust the button up to same height as other buttons. He pulls in with regular 3IS that has ACC. Well on this IS, ACC button is literally flush with the steering wheel frame and sits even lower than my button. This tells me there must be some adjustment but because this IS also doesn't have the ACC button height same as other buttons on the steering wheel he claimed my ACC button is normal even though two ACC buttons heights are a lot different. To me this indicates there is some height adjustment which could be tweaked but they won't do any thing about it.

Lastly a small scratch that came with the car. Believe it or not this little scratch had to involve service rep, service manager and general manager at the Maplewood Lexus dealer. They won't fix the scratch on the steering wheel silver trim even thought I told them it came like that because they are saying if it came this way I should have brought it to them shortly after I took delivery. Scratch was very light & hard to see and I didn't even see it until two or three months after I took delivery but since it wasn't effecting the way it drives I planned to get it addressed @ 6mo/5k checkup along with other items. They are saying because I didn't mention it until 6mo/5k checkup scratch wasn't there when the car was delivered basically accusing me of scratching it after I took delivery and lying about it. I've never been so furious with any dealer service in my life as I'm with Maplewood Lexus. Worse yet Lexus customer service won't fix this under warranty because they are siding with the dealer's statement that car was perfect when I took delivery. This really is worst experience I've had with any car dealer service and the issue WAS really minor one that involves like $20 trim part!

Love the 3IS F-Sport but VERY DISAPPOINTENTED with Maplewood Lexus Service & Lexus Customer Service!
Old 07-19-14, 01:26 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

If you have another dealer ship near by try your luck with it . I always get in situation like this in my country, as result I comunicate with japan ( international customer releation manager ) and I also report them to our minstry of commerce and I wait for two days until I get a call from the dealer to pass by them and work on the problem .
Old 07-19-14, 06:35 AM
bhvrdr
Pit Crew

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
I have ~3000 miles on my IS350 F-Sport that I purchased in January and had my 6mo / 5k checkup. Car has been great and I only listed 3 minor things for the dealer to address.

1. Excessive Brake Dust on Front
2. ACC button sits lower than all other steering wheel button height
3. Light scratch on steering wheel trim.

Service rep takes his finger and checks the front wheels. Acknowledges excessive brake dust. I was hoping they would offer swap with pad that has less dust but he later claims everything normal. Even though I've read others on this forum getting offer for different pads by their dealer, this service rep doesn't make any such offer.

Service rep wants to compare the ACC button with another car even though I asked him to adjust the button up to same height as other buttons. He pulls in with regular 3IS that has ACC. Well on this IS, ACC button is literally flush with the steering wheel frame and sits even lower than my button. This tells me there must be some adjustment but because this IS also doesn't have the ACC button height same as other buttons on the steering wheel he claimed my ACC button is normal even though two ACC buttons heights are a lot different. To me this indicates there is some height adjustment which could be tweaked but they won't do any thing about it.

Lastly a small scratch that came with the car. Believe it or not this little scratch had to involve service rep, service manager and general manager at the Maplewood Lexus dealer. They won't fix the scratch on the steering wheel silver trim even thought I told them it came like that because they are saying if it came this way I should have brought it to them shortly after I took delivery. Scratch was very light & hard to see and I didn't even see it until two or three months after I took delivery but since it wasn't effecting the way it drives I planned to get it addressed @ 6mo/5k checkup along with other items. They are saying because I didn't mention it until 6mo/5k checkup scratch wasn't there when the car was delivered basically accusing me of scratching it after I took delivery and lying about it. I've never been so furious with any dealer service in my life as I'm with Maplewood Lexus. Worse yet Lexus customer service won't fix this under warranty because they are siding with the dealer's statement that car was perfect when I took delivery. This really is worst experience I've had with any car dealer service and the issue WAS really minor one that involves like $20 trim part!

Love the 3IS F-Sport but VERY DISAPPOINTENTED with Maplewood Lexus Service & Lexus Customer Service!
I'm guessing Maplewood Lexus was very disappointed with you as well.

1. They are correct. It is normal for your pads to make dust. You purchased an Fsport to have higher performance pads. You got them. Just because a dealership went above and beyond with others does not entitled you to have a dealership throw away a set of perfectly good pads and replace them with lower performance pads because you want low dust pads.
2. What? ...just what?
3. A light scratch really. In reviewing what you just typed you stated, "Scratch was very light & hard to see and I didn't even see it until two or three months after I took delivery"

You are stating you did not see this very hard to find scratch until 2 or 3 months after delivery so how, may I ask, can you be remotely sure the scratch was there when you took delivery?

Time to buy some big boy pants.

Mike
Old 07-19-14, 07:42 AM
zarraz
Rookie

I had a really light scratch on my shifter trim, I did not notice, it at all, when I took it in for my service the dealer told me they replaced it because of a scratch and showed me the scratch, my car only has 1600km but I found this to be a great gesture, so far no issues with my car. or servive
Old 07-19-14, 08:13 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Dealer will not replace the brake pads for you. I went to my dealer and got the same respond, it's normal especially for F-Sport.
Old 07-19-14, 08:45 AM
CtSFox
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
Dealer will not replace the brake pads for you. I went to my dealer and got the same respond, it's normal especially for F-Sport.
For what its worth, I find brake dust to be much, much less of an issue on my F Sport than I had with my BMW 330xi
Old 07-19-14, 09:39 AM
AMNss
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Sorry to say this, but I think your claims are not justified as the other members are saying .
Number 2 is not a defect , its the default location even on the Lexus ES , but I a pic could be good .
Number 3 is hard to prove after 3000 miles .

Last edited by AMNss; 07-19-14 at 09:48 AM.
Old 07-19-14, 09:42 AM
Glashub
Lexus Test Driver

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts

Don't worry -- you'll finally give up trying to manage scratches & other imperfections at about the 1 year mark and will then really begin to enjoy the car.
Old 07-19-14, 09:32 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by bhvrdr
I'm guessing Maplewood Lexus was very disappointed with you as well.

1. They are correct. It is normal for your pads to make dust. You purchased an Fsport to have higher performance pads. You got them. Just because a dealership went above and beyond with others does not entitled you to have a dealership throw away a set of perfectly good pads and replace them with lower performance pads because you want low dust pads.
2. What? ...just what?
3. A light scratch really. In reviewing what you just typed you stated, "Scratch was very light & hard to see and I didn't even see it until two or three months after I took delivery"

You are stating you did not see this very hard to find scratch until 2 or 3 months after delivery so how, may I ask, can you be remotely sure the scratch was there when you took delivery?

Time to buy some big boy pants.

Mike
Dealership is disappointed with me? Was I supposed to please them in some way? I paid for my car at the agreed price and held up my end of the deal. No one stated I had to find all existing scratches by certain time. Where does it say that in any Lexus literature. Why isn't reporting this at 6mo/5k mile acceptable? My car only has 3k miles and if I could have I would have waited until I actually had 5k before bringing the car in..

Ok first item lets say I was hoping for exceptional service and didn't get it but second issue is an issue that impacts way I use the car although only when trying to push the ACC button. Since it's not as high up off the steering wheel as the button above it it's hard to press it. Also dealer showing me another car that has the button that sits even lower in the hole doesn't make mine normal. All I asked was them to check to see if the button could be adjusted and adjusted to same height as the other buttons on the steering wheel. Lastly I know scratch wasn't anything I did because I don't touch that part of the steering wheel for anything. Yes it's hard to see because service manager couldn't find it even though service rep told him it was on the steering wheel silver trim and had to ask me where the scratch was. We both had to look at it closely to find it. Also Maplewood Lexus is the only people that took my steering wheel off to install my fog lights and stalk. It could well have happened during that time. All I know is I didn't cause the scratch.
Old 07-19-14, 09:54 PM
gvan1998
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by SonyHome
Dealership is disappointed with me? Was I supposed to please them in some way? I paid for my car at the agreed price and held up my end of the deal. No one stated I had to find all existing scratches by certain time. Where does it say that in any Lexus literature. Why isn't reporting this at 6mo/5k mile acceptable? My car only has 3k miles and if I could have I would have waited until I actually had 5k before bringing the car in..

Ok first item lets say I was hoping for exceptional service and didn't get it but second issue is an issue that impacts way I use the car although only when trying to push the ACC button. Since it's not as high up off the steering wheel as the button above it it's hard to press it. Also dealer showing me another car that has the button that sits even lower in the hole doesn't make mine normal. All I asked was them to check to see if the button could be adjusted and adjusted to same height as the other buttons on the steering wheel. Lastly I know scratch wasn't anything I did because I don't touch that part of the steering wheel for anything. Yes it's hard to see because service manager couldn't find it even though service rep told him it was on the steering wheel silver trim and had to ask me where the scratch was. We both had to look at it closely to find it. Also Maplewood Lexus is the only people that took my steering wheel off to install my fog lights and stalk. It could well have happened during that time. All I know is I didn't cause the scratch.
It does NOT have to say in the Lexus Literature, ITS COMMON SENSE.
Old 07-19-14, 09:57 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by AMNss
Sorry to say this, but I think your claims are not justified as the other members are saying .
Number 2 is not a defect , its the default location even on the Lexus ES , but I a pic could be good .
Number 3 is hard to prove after 3000 miles .
I think you misunderstood my posting about ACC button. I'm not asking the dealer to change the location of the button. It's that button isn't raised up as high as other buttons so it sits lower and it's hard to press it. All I was asking was to check to see if it's adjustable and if so adjust it to same height as other buttons. They would not even check to see if it could be adjusted but because regular IS with ACC had it's button sit even lower in the hole than mine so service rep claimed mine is normal and stated something like Lexus engineer may have done this by design!

For the scratch issue I guess I didn't know I would have to prove anything. Apparently owners who lie after scratching their own car is common thing at Lexus dealerships that they are working hard to crack down. Heck they should just have everyone that come in for any service take a lie detector tests before rendering any service. I work hard and make a honest living and I live by certain moral ethics. If I scratched some plastic trim I will just live with it or pay to have it repaired but if the scratch is not something I caused on a virtually new car I expect dealer/Lexus to repair it under warranty without being treated like I'm lying about it.
Old 07-19-14, 10:02 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gvan1998
It does NOT have to say in the Lexus Literature, ITS COMMON SENSE.
I guess I didn't know that was common sense. Do you think people bring in their car to dealer for every little minor issue if it doesn't impact the way it works? Or would they just planned to have them look at it if they know they are bringing the car in say at 6mo checkup? What do you think is more common?
Old 07-19-14, 10:09 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by zarraz
I had a really light scratch on my shifter trim, I did not notice, it at all, when I took it in for my service the dealer told me they replaced it because of a scratch and showed me the scratch, my car only has 1600km but I found this to be a great gesture, so far no issues with my car. or servive
WHAT!? You are telling me it's not a normal behavior for Lexus dealer to accuse you of scratching it and deny service?

Sounds like you have good dealer there. I'm glad they were able to help you out without much hassle.
Old 07-19-14, 10:20 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Glashub
Don't worry -- you'll finally give up trying to manage scratches & other imperfections at about the 1 year mark and will then really begin to enjoy the car.
Hey Glashub! Yeah believe me not everything is perfect. Paid $1500 to have tint and PPF and there are dusts. Installer fixed some but not all. I appreciate him for doing what he could but will have to live with some. At least I'll know that paint under the film will be protected. You have to remember that I'm planning to give this to my son when he goes to college although he may want my wife's new 2014 MDX instead.

Did you see they have option for ventilated seats in the F-Sport now? They just need to add the memory seats now!
Old 07-19-14, 10:25 PM
SonyHome
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CtSFox
For what its worth, I find brake dust to be much, much less of an issue on my F Sport than I had with my BMW 330xi
I don't recall having brake dust issue on any of my previous cars. Perhaps pads were not as high quality ones as what Lexus uses!

Quick Reply: Worst dealer service ever @ Maplewood Lexus in MN!