IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

Trip Reset after refuel

Old 07-21-14, 04:04 PM
IS3F
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Trip Reset after refuel

hey everyone

I used to drive an Acura which had an option to have the trip computer automatically reset each time after refuel. I spoke to my dealer and they mentioned that this is an option.. I was able to get the 'range' to display be default but haven't been able to figure this out yet. Thanks in advance for anyone that knows the answer.
Old 07-21-14, 04:10 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Press the ODO trip button on your lower left side until desired trip (A or B). Hold it down to reset it.

Does this answer your question? I'm not sure if this is what you were exactly looking for. I guess this is not 'automatic'.
Old 07-21-14, 05:18 PM
IS3F
Driver

Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the ability to reset like that but was looking for something that will reset automatically once I drive away from the pump. It keeps track of the km travelled on that particular tank
Old 07-21-14, 05:38 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS3F
Thanks for the response. I'm aware of the ability to reset like that but was looking for something that will reset automatically once I drive away from the pump. It keeps track of the km travelled on that particular tank
Well then, I'm in it to find the answer also.
Old 07-21-14, 07:37 PM
silvaIS
Intermediate

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

2nd gen did it automatically. this one doesn't seem to do it
Old 07-21-14, 07:41 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

The GS has various displays that you can run through with steering wheel buttons, and one prompt is "mileage after refueling". If I keep it in that mode it automatically tells me the MPG I'm getting since the last tank of gas. It automatically resets after I fill up. Does the IS not have this?
Old 07-21-14, 08:15 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Would have to play around with the cluster display more as I remember there being two Distance displays. I know one is Range (miles/km left on tank - reverse of what the OP wants) and I think the other is distance driven since Start. Not sure why someone would want the last one but that's also the one I'm not too sure on. Too lazy to go check right now.

What the car does do automatically that I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of is mpg After Refuel. Most of the pictures and posts I see posted here is people using is mpg After Reset.

So the car does auto-MPG but I don't think it keeps tabs of how many miles/km you drive per tank and then automatically resets that counter.
Old 07-22-14, 01:56 PM
drbazing
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Slust
Would have to play around with the cluster display more as I remember there being two Distance displays. I know one is Range (miles/km left on tank - reverse of what the OP wants) and I think the other is distance driven since Start. Not sure why someone would want the last one but that's also the one I'm not too sure on. Too lazy to go check right now.

What the car does do automatically that I'm surprised more people don't take advantage of is mpg After Refuel. Most of the pictures and posts I see posted here is people using is mpg After Reset.

So the car does auto-MPG but I don't think it keeps tabs of how many miles/km you drive per tank and then automatically resets that counter.
I'm gonna have to find that "Refuel" you're talking about. I haven't seen it but is that also included in the F-Sport package?
Old 07-22-14, 02:15 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Trip meaning the miles right? In that case you cannot have it reset automatically after refuel. It does reset for MPG fuel average of gas tank.
Old 07-22-14, 06:38 PM
dseag2
Lexus Champion

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by Slust

That's what I just mentioned in my previous post.
Old 07-22-14, 08:48 PM
Slust
Pole Position

Originally Posted by drbazing
I'm gonna have to find that "Refuel" you're talking about. I haven't seen it but is that also included in the F-Sport package?
I don't think it is limited to the F-Sport but I'm only guessing both trims have the same dash options. If you do have the F-Sport trim, move the Tach to the right and change the settings on the Drive Information (italicized i tab). If you change what Drive Info #1 and #2 display you can cycle through that on your dash using the arrow keys on the right side of your steering wheel.

Edit... Arrow over to the Settings Tab (gear icon) and then you can change Drive Info 1 and 2. Then that information displays on the i tab and is what you step through when using the arrow keys on the right side of the steering wheel. Figured I should probably clarify on that.

Originally Posted by dseag2
That's what I just mentioned in my previous post.
Your post is part of why I posted. You referenced the GS and asked if the IS had this so I answered the question and addressed the OP at the same time.

Last edited by Slust; 07-22-14 at 09:05 PM.