GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) Discussion about the 2006+ model GS300, GS350, GS430, GS450H and GS460
Old 12-12-14, 04:38 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Steering and Suspension
Print Wikipost

Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-12, 06:22 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

^ that's because ED makes knock off kits. I know it's hard to find a true full Carson kit. Glad you posted a true review of their product for others to see it's best to buy the real deal I had NO fitment issues with my Carson kit. just painted and I installed it myself.
Old 02-08-12, 06:26 AM
g35cali
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

mandown your car is a work of art
Old 02-08-12, 07:30 AM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by passnu2
^ that's because ED makes knock off kits. I know it's hard to find a true full Carson kit. Glad you posted a true review of their product for others to see it's best to buy the real deal I had NO fitment issues with my Carson kit. just painted and I installed it myself.
Don't start this crap all over again....please. We already had a thread with a lot of drama discussing ED and other knock-off kits.
In the end, many kits have trouble fitting regardless of cost. So don't say that, for the less informed to spread unwisely. Though you could be one of the less informed yourself and need to hear this.
Cost does not guarantee perfect fit. I know cause I've been there. My super expensive JDM lip on my first Lexus was a pain to fit.
I have an ED kit on my car right now and it fit like a glove right out of the box.

Please don't go there.
Old 02-08-12, 10:07 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

I have not come across one thread with fitment issues on the authentic Carson kit...we are not talking about other kits! The kit fit like crap and the member posted this. So what would you relate this to?

I think you need to back away with that tone and trying to insult my intelligence! It's a public form if you can't take an honest post to help out other members then walk away.
Old 02-08-12, 12:15 PM
ryan78
Instructor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I have a Carson Kit for my 06GS, and the side skirts are 1/4 - 1/2 inch too long. There is a gap between where the skirt ends, and my wheel well. It is aggravating, but i got the kit during their blowout deal so i really can't complain. The front and sides fit well. I cannot speak to any other brand, as i do not have the experience. At the time, had i paid full price, i would have returned the kit due to the poor fitment.
That being said, from what i have gleaned from this forum since, it sounds as if the standard is to expect some sort of issue to arrise when attempting to get any kit to fit correctly, no matter who the manufacturer. I would imagine anyone modding in this fashion should be aware of this possibility. Had i not found another option, i would have purchased the ED lip above as it's the closest design to the Carson i could find. Just my .02
Old 02-08-12, 01:24 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by passnu2
I have not come across one thread with fitment issues on the authentic Carson kit...we are not talking about other kits! The kit fit like crap and the member posted this. So what would you relate this to?

I think you need to back away with that tone and trying to insult my intelligence! It's a public form if you can't take an honest post to help out other members then walk away.
There was a thread thoroughly discussing this subject where other members described fitment problems with JDM kits. Myself included. My Wisesport lip did not mount without modification. Sometimes it happens, price does not play into it. Not as much as u think.
Your statements about his kit not fitting right out of the box because it is a knock-off are just not accurate. I just don't want people who are easily influenced to read that stuff and believe you speak the gospel.
Okay, this guy had problems. He posted it. Fine. But you blamed it on the fact it is a knock-off, he didn't. You said that. He didn't. You don't know that what u said is true. Don't make general statements without facts. My knock-off kit fit perfectly. So it's not all of them.

As for tones, I'll not reply, you know what u can do with that one.

As for helping other members....is that what u think you're doing? By stating things that may NOT be fact. At least say it's your opinion.

It's ok if u don't like knock-offs....but it's childish to put something down simply because u don't like it.
Old 02-08-12, 01:31 PM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Ice350
It's ok if u don't like knock-offs....but it's childish to put something down simply because u don't like it.
says the guy that always post negative comments when someone post pics of their car with black wheels.
Old 02-08-12, 01:50 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

wouldn't that make clear sense if I post something that its my opinion. Am I forcing anyone to agree or disagree with me? I just posted accurate info as I would for anyone. Your welcome your opinion. Your welcome to disagree with me as are other members

And just curious what would you call this kit from ED? Teach me since you know more I would like to learn:thumup:

And your correct it has nothing to do with what you paid..I probably paid less for the real deal kit then most have paid for these copied kits.
Old 02-08-12, 02:31 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

this is modification thread, please back on topic.
Old 02-08-12, 04:16 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by rominl
this is modification thread, please back on topic.
I believe we are talking about mods...but i will lighten up my responses...in case they are misunderstood.
Old 02-08-12, 04:25 PM
Ice350
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
says the guy that always post negative comments when someone post pics of their car with black wheels.
I don't like blacked out wheels but I don't recall putting it down or the people who choose them. I've never said it was bad, knock-offs, fake, harmful nor attach the person to choice directly. I try to speak my feelings in third person. Like this: I don't understand the logic of spending big bucks on blacked out wheels that disappear. If you like blacked out wheels just paint the stockers.
Old 02-09-12, 02:41 PM
mr3gs300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This was just my guys take on these sides, he couldve just told me that since it took him a week to get my car back but from reading thru these forums people have had problems with all sorts of kits wether high end or low end, I just think if it isnt directly from lexus theres gonna be fitment issues
Old 03-27-12, 12:13 PM
WildNg
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default INGs+1

Originally Posted by Mase09
?

thanks in advanced
I think Vivid Racing has it. www.vividracing.com. I got my friend to import mine from Japan.
Old 04-20-12, 06:08 PM
izzyboi
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default mods

Staggerd Stance Wheels

20x8.5, 245/35 Front

20x10, 275/30 Rear
Attached Thumbnails Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!-dsc01034.jpg   Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!-dsc01037.jpg  
Old 04-21-12, 02:23 AM
Boron
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice izzy - ties in very well with the chrome trim on the car.

Quick Reply: Official 3rd Gen GS Modification Thread!!