SC430 - 2nd Gen (2001-2010)

SC430 Reverse camera/DVD Installation

Old 02-07-07, 09:32 PM
Swampfox27
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wow!!!

Ok, I just joined this Forum because of your original post!!! I am looking to buy an 03' SC430 within this week. I just need to find the color I want, I nailed down everything else.

Anyway, I guess I know what my first project is going to be once I get it.... Reverse CAM and DVD Player. Or maybe the IPOD connection would work out too.... Any luck on XM Radio?

That was the best post I've ever seen! Awesome bud.
Old 02-10-07, 01:29 AM
jdgay22
Driver School Candidate

ok so lee, is the best setup if u just want dvd a/v is a navtool $200.00 video interface, and a vais slu $269.00 audio interface. and a small dvd player $100. and i wonder if vais unit that says unavailable will be better, they say be expecting it in march
Old 02-10-07, 01:32 AM
jdgay22
Driver School Candidate

oh yeah and for the navtool video interface, where did u put the toogle switch never seen it in the pics, and how did it reach since the installation is all the way in the back
Old 06-06-07, 09:59 AM
NMLexus
Rookie

Very nice Lee!
Old 01-26-08, 09:15 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump for update
Old 02-11-08, 03:45 PM
TLW
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

bump to see where people put their cameras
Old 02-11-08, 04:47 PM
Habious

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

I used a license-plate-frame camera. Made installation a semi-breeze and only required me to drill a small hole behind the license plate itself (making it easy to put back to factory). I posted a picture of both the camera and what the screen looks like with the backup camera going. It looks much better in person; these pics were mainly just to show what the view looks like compared to what's actually behind the car.

See this thread....

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=331293
Old 12-01-08, 02:58 PM
westrella1
Rookie

I finally got the NavTool & found this thread. This forum is great!

The pictures in the inital post no longer show up. Does anyone have any NavTool installation pictures that they don't mind sharing?

Thx in advance!
Old 12-01-08, 03:58 PM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The pics are no longer on my server as I deleted everything for pending changes. However, navtool uses my pics in their instructions. In fact they use my instructions from this site also. Did they send instructions with your unit?
Old 12-02-08, 07:16 AM
westrella1
Rookie

First, thanks for this thread!

Second, no. There were no instructions sent with my unit. All I received in the brown box was one set of wires (w/ the harnesses) & the box that contained the actual NavTool. Inside the NavTool box was the red NavTool module (w/ the switch), another set of wires (w/o the harnesses), & a square piece of paper that indicated by color what each wire was for.

When I spoke the the gentleman on the phone prior to receiving the unit, I was assured the directions would be included. This was not so, & I'm a little disappointed. Did anyone else from the group buy receive instructions? If so, would it be possible to post them? I will call to see if I can get a copy of the instructions sent to me.
Old 12-02-08, 07:22 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

The instructions are the same as I posted above-the exact same.You just need the pics. As I rarely visit CL these days I will see if I can get them posted up for you.
Old 12-08-08, 05:58 PM
ynctypes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

westrella1, i didn't receive any instruction along with my navtool either, did you ever hear back from navtool about it?
Old 12-09-08, 06:42 AM
westrella1
Rookie

ynctypes, I received an e-mail from NavTool. Not quite sure why "Cardemand" is referenced in their instructions. Here's what the e-mail states:

2001-2007 LEXUS SC INSTALLATION MANUAL
Packaging list: Cardemand Converter
12 Volt plug (two black wires one with a silver stripe)
Plug and Play harness

Before you begin the installation please become familiar with the products included in your package and the space you will be working in.

First off you must locate the navigation DVD-ROM in the LEXUS SC. The navigation DVD-rom is located in the trunk on the right side under the carpet. The navigation DVD-rom will have three unique plugs. Please locate the smallest.

Unplug the small white 10 pin connector and insert the plug into the plug and play harness, insert the other end of the plug play harness into the navigation DVD-ROM replacing the original plug.

The next step will require finding accessory power. Accessory power in the SC is found in the bigger 18pin black connector. PLEASE TEST THE FOLLOWING – usually accessory power is the Gray wire. BEFORE MAKING the connection test to make sure the wire has accessory power. Connect the black wire with silver stripes found on the 12 volt connector to accessory power.

Connect the other solid black wire on the 12volt connector to ground. The ground wire can be found in the same 18pin connector, usually the wire is solid white with a black line.

Please insert the 12volt plug into the unit to make sure the red light comes on. If light comes on turn the vehicle off and connect the plug and play harness to the Cardemand unit.

If you are connecting a back-up camera insert the RCA wire into Video 2 and connect the blue wire found on the Cardemand unit to the reverse input also found on the 18 pin connector usually yellow with red stripe.

Connect green wire found on the Cardemand unit to the handbrake and 2 white wires to ground. All three wires needed to be grounded in order for Video 1 to be activated.
Old 12-09-08, 04:07 PM
ynctypes
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've seen this one, I was hoping they have pearlpower's instruction posted in this thead with pictures.
Old 06-06-10, 03:15 PM
GJ
Driver School Candidate

Default Needed in Houston

Anyone in the Houston area that can tackle this utilizing these instructions? My SC has a few blind spots that with this installed would help me tremendously

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: SC430 Reverse camera/DVD Installation