IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models

ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum

Old 11-07-06, 05:41 AM
DRIVEN1
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I enjoy this forum and want it protected. This is my first stop anytime I have an idea or question. Thanks for protecting this great community and resource.
Old 11-07-06, 05:56 AM
TLe2006
Lexus Champion

You should make this a sticky.
Old 11-07-06, 06:34 AM
DaveGS4
Forum Administrator

Received 2,113 Likes on 1,290 Posts

Originally Posted by ThoLe
You should make this a sticky.
It will be after another day or two. We've found threads sometimes get overlooked if buried at the top with others.

Having it follow the normal lifespan of a thread that is 'bumped' when responded to gets more attention.
Old 11-07-06, 09:22 AM
SilverLexo
Lead Lap

There is an obvious need for this thread. When I had my 2nd gen GS, and I spent most of my time on that forum I had never once seen the type of hostility I see on this forum on a daily basis.

Mods...may I suggest you fight fire with fire and add this hack to vBulletin? They annoy you, you annoy them...It really is a great tool for you guys to enjoy and have fun with...

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showt...threadid=93258
Old 11-08-06, 08:26 AM
Technique
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm the first to admit that I can be harsh at times, but count me in as participating in a more friendly manner... Just do me a favor and banish the trolls that stir up the trouble first, before the non-trolls...
Old 11-08-06, 08:51 AM
ff_
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Technique
I'm the first to admit that I can be harsh at times, but count me in as participating in a more friendly manner...
Ditto here too. I'm onboard.

Last edited by javyLSU; 07-09-07 at 06:07 PM.
Old 11-08-06, 09:13 AM
ihkskim
Lexus Test Driver

I understand you guys want a friendly community but I gotta say there are some threads/posts that are really i dunno.. i guess a nice way to say it is.. dumb (although it has mellowed out a lot) and its asking for a flame. plus the overusage of polls~
Old 11-08-06, 09:39 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ihkskim
I understand you guys want a friendly community but I gotta say there are some threads/posts that are really i dunno.. i guess a nice way to say it is.. dumb (although it has mellowed out a lot) and its asking for a flame. plus the overusage of polls~
The best thing to do then is to just avoid these. If your blood starts to boil, move on. When we enter a thread with a negative mood, we are just asking for trouble. As mods, we sometimes have to peek into many threads to make sure things are going smoothly. We don't have the luxury to just ignore, whereas you guys are not stuck with that restriction.

Thanks all for pitching in and showing that this is a community, not just a typical internet forum.
Old 11-09-06, 03:23 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ihkskim
As far as I'm aware dumb topics are not against the rules. It may not be dumb to the OP. If it doesn't break any rules than it is allowed to stay. Moderators are not here to inject our own personal beliefs on others. We are here only to enforce the existing rules created by the Administrator.
Old 11-15-06, 10:23 AM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Fairly new here, but enjoying my stay. Don't post much but browse alot to help me get used to my IS. I never did understand why people say to use the search feature when they know where to point them to. Being a mod on another site, I'd always direct them to where they can find information and will do so here too
Old 11-18-06, 07:53 AM
Mikey2007
Driver School Candidate

Thank you, as folks can tell I am new here, but I can certainly appreciate your post and will make sure I help by doing my part and behaving well !
Thanks!!
Old 11-18-06, 12:13 PM
Gtidan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Can't we all just get along (Rodney King) I'm in
Old 12-07-06, 08:23 PM
LexFather

It is Dec 7th, who else is in?
Old 12-09-06, 05:04 PM
cspec
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I really enjoy this community, but there is a real redundancy in the posts, people really have to use the search function before they make the same posts that have been discussed.

You really can't help but be annoyed at those people don't bother to use the search function and expect members to be helpful all the time.
Old 12-09-06, 07:44 PM
kilo6_one
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I hear you about the redundent posts, however i think its really rude how people go about telling them, there is no reason to make someon feel stupid, they may have searched, and maybe they have not, but i think there are too many fourm cops here that are not mods who overstep there boundries, here is a trick about the redundent posts......... dont read them, ignore them and move on.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: ALL 2IS MEMBERS PLEASE READ: Establishing a sense of community in the 2 Gen IS forum