CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Tires & mounting shops - LA, OC (The Mother thread)

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-05, 05:50 PM
Lexus GS3
Trouble Maker

Received 25 Likes on 17 Posts

I'll never go to Discount tires in EL monte. Those guys are known to be crooks. Me and some of my buddies had bad experiences with them. Now i go to Grand Prix tires in monterey park. Ask for chris, and say you're from Club lexus and he'll hook u up with good deals.
Old 02-22-05, 10:03 PM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3
I'll never go to Discount tires in EL monte. Those guys are known to be crooks. Me and some of my buddies had bad experiences with them. Now i go to Grand Prix tires in monterey park. Ask for chris, and say you're from Club lexus and he'll hook u up with good deals.

I hooked up Lord of The Celsiors today at The wheel Supply in walnut. Just tell them bryan with the carlsson Gs300 sent you.
Old 02-23-05, 08:09 AM
Celsior Master
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Lexus GS3

I went to Grand Prix to get Bridgestone Potenza S-03's put on my front wheels a while back. They REALLY struggled to get them mounted. They took at least 10 minutes to put the tire on. A while back i watched my rim repair guy remount these tires in probably 30 seconds. Maybe they didn't have the right equipment or were not good at putting on tires on larger rims. And then there was the whole Bridgestone incident i went through with the side walls on both bridgestone cracking. Grand Prix didn't really want to help me with my problem. They said that since my tires wore unevenly they could only pick the point of the tire that was most worn and prorate from there. I had uneven wear due to camber before going to them so they said i didn't need a camber kit and all i needed was an alignment. so i got that done at the same time they put bridgestones on my fronts and i still had uneven wear. i thought their service was great at first but im not happy and won't go back. im starting to wonder if the side wall cracking/separation had anything to do with their methods of mounting.
Old 02-24-05, 12:39 AM
GlobeCLK
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

America's Tire Company in Artesia/Cerritos. All the guys there are cool and the technicians are fast and accurate and won't damage ur wheels. Ask for Arnel he's really cool.
Old 05-04-05, 12:27 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default West LA's best deal: $10/tire mount/balance

Yeah, Costco no longer mounts/balances tires bought elsewhere, which is a shame since they were by far the cheapest. I went to several Westside LA tire shops and they all wanted $20-$43 (!) per tire. Fortunately, while driving around I saw Atlantic Tire and Auto Service at 1010 N Fairfax in West Hollywood (just S of Santa Monica Blvd).

Tito hooked me up with mount/balance of only $10 per tire! I ordered the Falken ZE-512's over the internet and had them shipped directly to his shop. It cost me an extra $5 cuz I tipped the tech who did all the work- he was a good sport as I watched him like a hawk every second, following him around (and entering the work area, to the horror of insurance actuaries everywhere), inspecting the inside of the wheels once he removed the tires and asking questions ("Wow! WD-40 is a bead-lube too?").

They use a Coats 980 Balancer and stick-on weights, of course. How about this- they saw my torque wrench in my car and asked me if I wanted them to hand-torque the wheels! (I declined, since they were so busy, so they used the air-wrench at a lighter setting and I torqued it tighter when I got home).

You can even email Tito at tire1@pacbell.net if you want an "e-estimate". Or call him at: 323.654.0814/6/7. If you are nearby, check them out- the price is certainly right.
Attached Thumbnails Tires & mounting shops - LA, OC (The Mother thread)-shop008a.jpg  

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 02-02-08 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-12-05, 02:03 PM
lexuslover
MultiTasking Mom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

does anyone know of a good installer in San Diego? thanks!
Old 05-12-05, 10:38 PM
lsy
Driver School Candidate

Wheel Warehouse in Fullerton has treated me great for years. I have brought rims and tires there for my GS300, GX470 4Runner.
Old 05-13-05, 01:03 AM
lexsterES
Pole Position

Steve at Luxury Motorworks is awesome oh and of course their machanics...
Old 05-14-05, 03:00 PM
RA40
Super Moderator

Received 463 Likes on 361 Posts

Originally Posted by GlobeCLK
America's Tire Company in Artesia/Cerritos. All the guys there are cool and the technicians are fast and accurate... Ask for Arnel he's really cool.
Had some Yoko Avid H4s 195/60-15 put on pops car a few weeks back. The tires were not in stock so I placed an order the day before and the next afternoon they arrived. Arnel was helpful and for each question, he fired off an answer. Not like some shops where the guy tells me, "I don't know."

Mount and balance was $10/tire. Along with lifetime balancing, rotation and road hazard.
Total was $333.XX
Would I take my Lexus there...doubtful.

Had Luxury Motorworks do a plug/patch on one of my tires on the LS and am pleased. No damage to the wheel and I was in-out in about 30 minutes. The patch was $14. I'm inclined to buy my next set through them.

Last edited by RA40; 05-14-05 at 06:06 PM.
Old 05-14-05, 04:01 PM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Default howiedoit excluded, since he mentioned a price...

Not sound unappreciative of all these posts, but they would be a lot more informative if you would get specfic with the prices. You might have been very satisfied with your $150 mount/balance job, but that's no bargain to me.
Old 05-14-05, 08:12 PM
lexsterES
Pole Position

If I remember correctly, Luxury Motorworks charges 50 bones for an all wheel alignment if you get your tires from them. I would call and fine out tire prices. I got falken which are not too expensive and not too shabby!! My pervious ones where pirelli Nero zeros and I like the falken a lot better!! IMO
Old 05-18-05, 08:37 PM
TANGLOLEXO
Rookie

Default Mt/bl Tires

I Have Mine Done At Shoreline Motoring In Hb On Beach 100.00 Bucks I Will Pay More If They Asked Im Running 20 Inch Lowenharts Ld1s And Dont Want To Scrach A Rim They Do Real Good Work Highend Cars All The Time Out Front
Old 05-19-05, 12:28 AM
Wald GS
O.C. Lucky Strike Fanatic

[QUOTE=PERRYinLA]

Tito hooked me up with mount/balance of only $10 per tire! QUOTE]

That's only normal sized tires I assume? It costs me 15.00 to mount and balance my 19" tires each time I flip them.
Old 05-19-05, 12:36 AM
PERRYinLA
Racer

Originally Posted by LexAristo
That's only normal sized tires I assume?
Not a bad assumption, given I posted a helluva hint:

While it is possible that Tito charges more for larger tires, when I first called him for a quote, he did not ask me for the tire/wheel size, so only an email (tire1@pacbell.net) or phone call at: 323.654.0814/6/7 will yield a definitive answer.

Last edited by PERRYinLA; 02-02-08 at 03:59 PM.
Old 05-28-05, 10:58 AM
ArcES330
Driver

Which replacement tire would you guys recommend for stock ES330 215/60-16? BFGoodrich Traction T/A V or Michelin Pilot XGT V4? Do I have to stay with V rate or could I get H rate tire?
Thanks!

Quick Reply: Tires & mounting shops - LA, OC (The Mother thread)