Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

92sc + 97tails hyperblink problem.

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-09, 04:07 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 92sc + 97tails hyperblink problem.

I searched and could not find anything and was wondering if any one else has fixed the problem?I have a 92sc300 and i got a pair of 97 tails with harnesses for $75 and i put the in and i have the hyperblink problem and i dont know how to fix it.I read that you can wire in some type of electrical thing but i was told that it would not work in 92-4 sc's.Can someone help me please.THANKS
Oh and sorry if i posted in the wrong section.
Old 05-15-09, 04:36 PM
Ryeno
Banned

how did you not find anything?

You can do this:
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...aillights.html
or this
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sc-...blink-fix.html

Or if you want to be cheep you can do the later option but use the bulbs from your 92 harness which will replicate having the resistor there.
Old 05-15-09, 05:26 PM
wheels 2
Pole Position

Sorry i forgot to say that i did not find any thing for the 92-4 sc but only for the 95-6sc.THANKS
Old 05-15-09, 07:38 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I was looking through the other hyperblink fixes and thought of something. Not trying to thread jack, just bringing options to the table.

If you're going for the VIP look or just like the look of puddle lights, why not tie some puddle lights into the turn signal line with a switch for constant power or turn signal only? Can anyone chime in on this? Would it increase the resistance enough to slow hyperblink?
Old 05-15-09, 08:02 PM
Ryeno
Banned

Originally Posted by andrewwake
I was looking through the other hyperblink fixes and thought of something. Not trying to thread jack, just bringing options to the table.

If you're going for the VIP look or just like the look of puddle lights, why not tie some puddle lights into the turn signal line with a switch for constant power or turn signal only? Can anyone chime in on this? Would it increase the resistance enough to slow hyperblink?
it could. Every light added + more resistance, just get that resistance high enough and your hyperblink will be gone. As for the switch you would wire it after the lights and have one pin connected to the tail light ground and one pin to a chassis ground.

I wont lie that seems like a really cool idea. I'm pretty sure cops wouldnt pull you over either because the lights are a legal color, used with the turn signal and not blinding anyone.
Old 05-15-09, 10:09 PM
andrewwake
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryeno
it could. Every light added + more resistance, just get that resistance high enough and your hyperblink will be gone. As for the switch you would wire it after the lights and have one pin connected to the tail light ground and one pin to a chassis ground.

I wont lie that seems like a really cool idea. I'm pretty sure cops wouldnt pull you over either because the lights are a legal color, used with the turn signal and not blinding anyone.
I am still trying to figure out the wiring aspect, not the best at electrical. Is there any way you could post up an illustration or something?
Old 05-16-09, 09:20 AM
Ryeno
Banned

What do you want?

If you want the puddle lights to be on full time (with the turn signal NOT working) or the turn signal and puddle lights blinking together then i know how to do that with 1 switch.

If you want the puddlle lights to be on full time (with the turn signals still working) or the turn signal and puddle lights blinking together then i know how to do it with a 2 switch setup. But thats really inconvenient and i think its possible to do all that with 1 switch and a relay. If you want this then i need to think some more.