LS - 3rd Gen (2001-2006) Discussion topics related to the flagship Lexus LS430

Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-09, 08:03 PM
TonyCD
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by duncan73
As promised: Just received an email from Mr. Daniel Del Negro, Internet Sales Manager, Bay Ridge Lexus, as follows: "You can email what you have ... and I will make sure it gets to the right people."

The email was sent to his attention and I will await further developments and keep you informed.
Boy, I'd be careful there. This dealership has already yanked you around, and now they're asking you to trust them to forward incriminating evidence about themselves?

If it were me, I'd give the guy what he asked for. But I'd also blind-cc it to the Lexus zone office.
Old 07-06-09, 06:34 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Guys, thank you all for responding. I just called lexus headquarters and told them my story. I have never heard so may 'sorry's' in my life. They told that they will look into it and respond to me in two businnes days. As soon as they respond, I'll post here.
P.S. I love my new Nokia N97, now I can reply from anywhere, like right now.
Old 07-06-09, 07:22 AM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I wasn't saying don't complain. When something is wrong, then nothing will get done if you don't complain. I was saying just write/call Lexus corporate, complain and then find a different dealership. Why go back to some place that you hate already and get bad service. They may improve over time, but not in the time that you called and went back.
Old 07-07-09, 07:28 PM
tochoks22
Driver School Candidate

Default yes they do suckkkkkk?

these guys could not align my UL in 5 visits. It took a kid on remsen and ditmas one try and the thing was perfectttt. And that is just a tip of the iceberg. I have had numerous issues they either can't fix. I have simply lost faith with any of these dealers.
Old 07-08-09, 12:34 PM
duncan73
Driver

Default Response from Bay Ridge Lexus

Just got off the phone with Mr. Eugene Woods, General Manager of the dealership. Mr. Woods has 16 years with Lexus and is quite concerned about the reputation of the company, especially as reflected on this forum. He seemed genuine and communicated in a straight forward manner without couching his comments in any way.
He stated that he has not accessed this site in the past, but will do so now. He will review the members comments and then make a determination of how to proceed with formulating a policy on internet communications. I liked the guy!
Old 07-08-09, 02:46 PM
E Woods
Driver School Candidate

I just got off the phone with Duncan73 and he thought it was importent for me to check out this Lexus Forum Complaint. I am not able to research this situation as I do not know who "yuri.ber" is. I will tell you that a 2001 Lexus is out of warrenty and we are not required to give a loaner for service so I am happy we rented yuri a vehicle as alternet transportation. Yuri.ber stated he has a friend that put the car on the computer, yet he is looking for a good shop to do work on his Lexus? If your friend is quilified to diagnose your vehicle is he quilified to fix it ? A 2001 Lexus can require many things as described in the owners manuel to provide the best possible performance on his LS. Our job is to recommend what a vehicle needs to perform it best. We spend a lot of money in training our techs on Lexus Vehicles. I am sorry if the your experience was not what you expected. You certainly can contact Lexus directly or you can call me @ 718-680-2200. My phone number is posted in our service drive should anyone have an issue that is not resolved by one of my service managers.

In regards to some of the other post I would like to say that Lexus appreciate such a loyal customer base. There are many options available in Brooklyn NY to service a Lexus, however we feel that there is a value in visiting your local Lexus Dealer. Tech Training, State of the Art Diagnostic Tools and a experience that makes you proud to own your Lexus are just a few.

While I do not often visit Club Lexus or other forums I do respect the free exchange of ideas between the Lexus Owner Base. As a Dealership we have won the Elite of Lexus Award 4 of the last 6 years so I know we understand how importent it is to listen to our customers. Thanks for giving me a "Forum" to share a different point of view, and contrary to the heading of yuri.bers complaint many would feel that Bay Ridge Lexus is a great place to do business. Thanks.

Eugene Woods
Old 07-08-09, 08:51 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Received 71 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by E Woods
Yuri.ber stated he has a friend that put the car on the computer, yet he is looking for a good shop to do work on his Lexus? If your friend is quilified to diagnose your vehicle is he quilified to fix it ?

While I do not often visit Club Lexus or other forums I do respect the free exchange of ideas between the Lexus Owner Base. As a Dealership we have won the Elite of Lexus Award 4 of the last 6 years so I know we understand how importent it is to listen to our customers.
Gene---I appreciate your candor and you registering on this message board and replying.

I do have an issue with your impersonation of a lawyer, and playing "detective" and asking 50 questions to your customer (regarding the who/what/why/etc of Yuri.ber's friend with the diag machine, etc) Is it really any of your business to question your customer's actions done outside your shop? Of course-- asking questions of the PROBLEMS or SYMPTOMS of trouble, etc are obviously pertinent, but you have nothing to gain by being confrontational...even if the customer seems like they are being confrontational with YOU.

Fact of the matter is this vehicle was brought into your shop. True? With him patronizing your shop, it's my opinion that you should give him the same amount of respect as that (75 year old) recurring customer who brings his vehicle in for every simple and minor service items like oil changes, wiper blades, idiot light resetting, and replacing burned out bulbs. The conversation should have stayed on, "What can I help you with today?" I may be wrong and I may be envisioning unachieveable expectations, but if I'm bringing in my Lexus to your shop, I expect the HIGHEST amount of resepect. To put it in other terms, *** KISSING. Also, all that *** kissing to your customer doesn't cost you a cent.

Last but not least, THAT award the dealership has won, is meaningless to me. Who knows what that award is given for? Maybe the award is for being able to "upsell" customers to more than the required service (not that THAT ever happens?) Maybe it was for hitting your $ quota's year after year? Maybe it was for most being in the top 10% of all Lexus dealerships as far as service profits go? Who knows!? Unless that award plainly stated, RATED #1 BY CUSTOMERS OF ALL LEXUS DEALERSHIPS, you could have all the platinum plated, gold filled, titanium encrusted Lexus awards in the world. They are all meaningless without knowing the story behind it.

The Internet is an amazing place to find and pass along information and to communicate efficiently to LARGE GROUPS of people. In my opinion again, it was only proper that you post on here. You're not doing anything ABOVE my expectations.
Old 07-09-09, 07:34 AM
E Woods
Driver School Candidate

Can you guys recommend any other good shops please, I'm DONE WITH A DEALER.[/QUOTE]

I am not an lawer or a detective, I asked only one question in response to yuris statment. I really do not know who yuri.ber is, so I posted my phone number so he could call me if he would like. I am an active GM who is at my store everyday, we do respect our customers of all ages. With all due respect to yuri and all other posters I am responding to someone I do not know and a situation that I am not familiar with. We are not perfect, however I do make myself available to any customer that has a concearn.
Old 07-09-09, 07:40 AM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

I do not know who "yuri.ber"
Check your records for tuesday last week, Yuri Bershchansky is the full name.

I will tell you that a 2001 Lexus is out of warrenty and we are not required to give a loaner for service so I am happy we rented yuri a vehicle as alternet transportation.
Oh thanks so much! Well it all would have been great if someone told me that it was for one day only. Refer to original post for explanation.

Yuri.ber stated he has a friend that put the car on the computer, yet he is looking for a good shop to do work on his Lexus? If your friend is quilified to diagnose your vehicle is he quilified to fix it ?
I am interested in what's wrong with my car (or you'll let me be present when my car is on the computer in the service center - I guess not), I love my car, it's not just a piece of metal to me. Where did you get any quote about me fixing my car in my friend's shop? I do understand that this car requires professional service and that's why I came to Bay Ridge Lexus in the first place.
Read the original post again, I am looking for the LEXUS only shop AFTER my dealership experience.

I expect the highest level of service from Lexus Dealership. It represents the car I am driving, which I love and pamper, and want the best "doctor" for it hence it is very expensive. I don't care as long as I get the best service and good work done on my car.
Old 07-09-09, 06:18 PM
98LS
Rookie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

. I will tell you that a 2001 Lexus is out of warrenty and we are not required to give a loaner for service so I am happy we rented yuri a vehicle as alternet transportation.
I took my 1998 LS 400 to Lexus of Knoxville for an oil change. It was taking too long and they offered me a RX hybrid as a loaner. I never asked for a loaner, they offered it to me. I didn't have to bring it back until close of business. That's the type of service we should expect from Lexus.
Old 07-09-09, 08:31 PM
AlexusAnja

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Loaner every time

Originally Posted by 98LS
I took my 1998 LS 400 to Lexus of Knoxville for an oil change. It was taking too long and they offered me a RX hybrid as a loaner. I never asked for a loaner, they offered it to me. I didn't have to bring it back until close of business. That's the type of service we should expect from Lexus.
Maybe it's the "benefit" of going back again and again (customer loyalty), but every time I've gone to Warnock Lexus or Lexus of Edison, to have my '99 RX looked at and it's going to be more than "waiting time" I've always been given a loaner until end of day also. Drop off in morning, pick up at night, right after work.

Never heard that a loaner was only available for in-warranty vehicles. I just always thought they were for repairs that would be longer than a quick job (i.e. oil change, wipers, etc.).

Anyhow, let's not bash this guy who took the effort to come online and register to defend his case. Maybe Yuri and the dealership can finally settle this peacefully. It would have been nice had it not gotten to this point, but things happen...

PEACE OUT PEOPLE !!!

Last edited by AlexusAnja; 07-09-09 at 08:35 PM.
Old 07-10-09, 02:30 PM
yuri.ber
Lead Lap

Yesterday I received a message from Mr.Woods. It also happened that I had a day off, so I went to Bay Ridge Lexus and spoke to a general Manager of Bay Ridge Lexus Anthony Fallacaro. He apologized to me and asked me "what can I do to regain your trust?" I said "First thing is to inspect the whole car and check if the work was done correctly." Him: "No problem. I also would like to offer you a free complete detailing of your car with special clay treatment. You will not recognize your car - it'll be like new. We're going to buff out all the scratches, and those headlights are gonna look new."
Next Wednesday I'm giving them the car. We'll see, for now I am satisfied.
Old 07-10-09, 04:19 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

Originally Posted by yuri.ber
I also would like to offer you a free complete detailing of your car with special clay treatment. You will not recognize your car - it'll be like new. We're going to buff out all the scratches, and those headlights are gonna look new."
Next Wednesday I'm giving them the car. We'll see, for now I am satisfied.
Now you're going in the right direction!

Please do keep us informed!
Old 07-10-09, 05:22 PM
hoonunya
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by AlexusAnja
Never heard that a loaner was only available for in-warranty vehicles. I just always thought they were for repairs that would be longer than a quick job (i.e. oil change, wipers, etc.)....
My wife took the LS430 in for the 15k mile service and they gave her a loaner.
Service guy got my voice mail and said he wanted to do a transmission flush. I called my wife and the guy had since figured out that you don't change it.
Loaner was an RX hybrid. She appreciated the loaner but hated the car, shift, shift, shift.
Old 07-10-09, 05:44 PM
LS430inDE.
Racer

As a Dealership we have won the Elite of Lexus Award 4 of the last 6 years
Gene---what does that award represent or signify?

Quick Reply: Bay Ridge Lexus SUCKS!!!!