Print Wikipost

FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 08:13 AM
Automax Service
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by javyLSU
I want to make sure you understand that the FlyAudio system in no way affects the way your TPMS functions. What is not yet available is the ability to interface with the TPMS adapters. The car has a completely separate TPMS receiver and ECU that is not integrated with the navigation system. In its current form, your TPMS will work just fine having while having the FlyAudio unit installed.

Javier
Thanks for clarifying Javier.

All the TPMS module from FlyAudio will do is give the FlyAudio system the ability to understand what the car is telling it. The software is built in, but we are just waiting on the module so that you can see the air pressures in your tires.
Old 03-27-10, 09:13 AM
noliesss
Driver

I've been working on the Garmin software for almost a week. I got the software to successfully boot, but the system is terribly unstable. Once I loaded the maps, I ran into several scenarios where the program crashes (changing the orientation of the map, typing in a city when searching for an address to navigate to, searching for POI's - it's basically unusable except for displaying a map while you're driving. I suspect it might be because I loaded too many maps and the system is running out of memory. I'm going to try again tonight using only the California map to see if that stabilizes the system.

Javier
Garmin will not work on the flyaudio unit because of the resolution issue. it will not work on 800X480 and the highest they have is 600X480. That is why when you press the poi or some of the screens it will crash and shut down.

TomTom will freeze and you need to create a .exe file to change the registry for the idle time automatically so you would not have to do it everytime it reboot,and it will not freeze.

Igo8 there is also a setting of .sys file in the data.zip to make your igo8 work better. there is one in the main folder and one in the data.zip.
Old 03-27-10, 08:51 PM
Jomster
Driver School Candidate

Hi Guys,

Has anyone been able to integrate the OEM clock into the Fly Audio unit? The Fly Audio unit doesn't come with one and wondering if it's possible to transplant this in?
They appear to be the same shape/size?

Any thoughts?
Old 03-27-10, 09:21 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I asked the engineers at FlyAudio the same question a few months back. They're not compatible - unfortunately they use different ribbons and can't be "transplanted." I wasn't brave enough to void my warranty on the unit to find out for myself.

Javier
Old 03-29-10, 12:03 PM
markolomew
Rookie

Originally Posted by noliesss
Garmin will not work on the flyaudio unit because of the resolution issue. it will not work on 800X480 and the highest they have is 600X480. That is why when you press the poi or some of the screens it will crash and shut down.

TomTom will freeze and you need to create a .exe file to change the registry for the idle time automatically so you would not have to do it everytime it reboot,and it will not freeze.
Have you sucessfully created this .exe for TomTom or changed the maps in Garmin to fix this issue? Just wondering if you physically done this or if it's just an educated guess. Javy and I have both been working fairly hard on the Garmin and TomTom issues, so it would make both of us very happy to know there is a fix we can test and be done with! let me know please.
Old 03-29-10, 01:12 PM
mahcah
Racer

Received 46 Likes on 34 Posts

I just placed my order!
Old 03-30-10, 07:50 AM
markolomew
Rookie

Garmin updates:

It doesn't look like the resolution is the sole issue (if the issue at all anymore)...but i have found some other posts that go into more detail:

I always thought it was a display resolution problem until I've saw on avic411 forum that the avic f series, also a 800*480, run XT without problem or so. It is probably something the display driver file or in the display driver registry setting.

I've also found an Australian site that claims to have a fix that they've uploaded. Check out the first post here (you have to log in to see the download links):
http://www.austech.info/gps/28898-ga...-2010-map.html
Old 03-30-10, 08:13 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

I also verified that the resolution is not the only issue on the Garmin. Last night I went into the BIOS and reduced the GPS resolution to 480x234 and (besides being terribly overblown and unusable) the software still crashes.

Javier
Old 03-30-10, 09:33 AM
OH Nasty
Driver

Originally Posted by mahcah
I just placed my order!
Just placed mine too, can't wait!
Old 03-30-10, 10:37 AM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Just had this installed and I got a couple questions for ya'll advanced Flyaudioers:

I've only spent a couple quick minutes on the Nav but so far it looks and feels fine. What are the main benefits if I were to go to the trouble of changing Nav software?

I have a USB drive that holds all my music in about 50 folders. Is there a way for me to set it up to play all the songs on the drive in random order? (I've only been able to get it to play sequentially in dvd mode but I have to navigate into a folder for it to start.)

Much appreciated for your help...
Old 03-30-10, 10:42 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I don't think it will mix between folders.

Just create a new folder with all of the songs in a single folder and shuffle that.
Old 03-30-10, 11:18 AM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Originally Posted by IceIridium
Just had this installed and I got a couple questions for ya'll advanced Flyaudioers:

I've only spent a couple quick minutes on the Nav but so far it looks and feels fine. What are the main benefits if I were to go to the trouble of changing Nav software?

I have a USB drive that holds all my music in about 50 folders. Is there a way for me to set it up to play all the songs on the drive in random order? (I've only been able to get it to play sequentially in dvd mode but I have to navigate into a folder for it to start.)

Much appreciated for your help...
For it to randomize (whether it's off a USB drive or off the microSD card) all the files need to be in the same folder - it won't switch between folders like NemeGuero said above.

For the nav software, it's a personal choice. If you like the InfoGation Odyssey software, use it. The problems I had with it are:

1) The company is out of business. There's no map updates available, and none that will be coming. For my area, the POI's were very, very lacking.
2) The software has a glitch (mine did anyway) that you could not adjust the navigation volume, which was deafeningly loud if you were using any other audio source (DVD, mp3, CD, iPod, etc). This was the biggest reason I wanted to use another software
3) I didn't like the interface. Too cartoony for my tastes.

Javier
Old 03-30-10, 02:25 PM
IceIridium
Lexus Test Driver

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks for the responses. Just to clarify though, the only way to play mp3 files on the USB drive is to select "DVD" on the main screen and then "USB MODE". Is that correct? Are there any other methods?
Old 03-30-10, 02:33 PM
markolomew
Rookie

there is also a TV tuner input that uses a SMA Coax input. You can use a 12v rf modulator to attach the playstation output cable to it. If you cannot find an rf modulator that accepts a component input, you can buy a component+composite output cable online, then just use the composite side (yellow-red-white RCAs). I'm not 100% sure yet if the tv tuner input accepts both audio and video through the SMA lead or if it's just video. Worst case, hook the video to the tv tuner and the audio to the AUX inputs that are attached to the Fly Audio harness.
Old 03-30-10, 03:30 PM
quintmann
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

For it to randomize (whether it's off a USB drive or off the microSD card) all the files need to be in the same folder - it won't switch between folders like NemeGuero said above.

For the nav software, it's a personal choice. If you like the InfoGation Odyssey software, use it. The problems I had with it are:

1) The company is out of business. There's no map updates available, and none that will be coming. For my area, the POI's were very, very lacking.
2) The software has a glitch (mine did anyway) that you could not adjust the navigation volume, which was deafeningly loud if you were using any other audio source (DVD, mp3, CD, iPod, etc). This was the biggest reason I wanted to use another software
3) I didn't like the interface. Too cartoony for my tastes.

Javier
very true! i hated the software that came with the unit.

thanks javier for the iGo8 software! im still finding cool stuff that it offers! and the guidance voice isnt annoying like all the others ive heard

Quick Reply: FlyAudio In-Dash Multimedia GPS Navigation System for Lexus IS250/350