Recommendations for New Tires for ES350

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 01:32 PM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by RichardNJ
Ok Will need your review when get them.

Now I'm confused between those and the Bridgestone Serenity you brought to my attention.
Vote for Michelin Primacy...had great success on Primacy on es330 I just sold very smooth..quiet..even wear..still had 7/32 tread left when sold but to be honest not sure if they were H or V rated and also dont have to worry about snow in Tx. Personally just not Bridgestone fan....even made sure 2010 p/u very soon had Michelin's ( they did ) and not Bridgestone because they come either way. Good luch whichever way you go !
Old 03-11-10, 09:25 AM
sh7788
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/215-5...Q5fAccessories
Old 03-15-10, 10:14 AM
Joeb427
Lexus Fanatic

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

Went with a bit wider 225/55-17 Michelin Primacy's and my opinion is they're great.
The tires are very quiet and really smoothly handles the small and bigger bumps.
The 'H' rated does ride smoother than the oem 'V' rated tires.
Looking for tires?
Listen to those who say the Primacy's are great.I'm now one,too.
Old 11-18-10, 05:57 AM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I just installed the Michelin Primacy MXV4 225/55/17 V rated on my 2007 ES350. I must say it gives the car a much better look from the side. In my opinion the OEM tires always seem a wee bit small for the car. This size tire fill out the wheel wells a little more, especially the rear wheel well which had a larger gap compared to the front which is due to the engine sitting over the front tires.. Only had tires for a couple of days so far I will repost at a later date
Old 12-01-10, 12:55 AM
gemigniani
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

A recent issue of Consumer Reports rated a Korean Hankook tire as superior to the Michelin Primacy in quietness and equal in ride comfort. The Hankook is also far less expensive. I have some Kumho KR21 on my Toyota Corolla and they have convinced me the Korean tire makers are a class act, hence there is no legitimate need to fork out big $$$ for Michelin
Old 12-02-10, 08:13 AM
JRey350hou
Intermediate

Received 62 Likes on 40 Posts

go get the korean kumho/ hankook then...to ea it's own..... I didn't know that Consumer Reports is the answer to all decisions ( have subscribed to in past btw ) they just formulate opinions anddo test and try to sell mags. If $$'s are big issue, stay away from Michelins, but from a performance standard you can go wrong with Mich's. Myself I'm a big Brand name buyer.....always have been....dont look for best bargain. That's why I never go into a Walmart and never will....but that's for another day !

good luck on your Korean tires let us know how they do.
Old 12-02-10, 10:02 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,816 Likes on 1,282 Posts

Originally Posted by JRey350hou
That's why I never go into a Walmart and never will....but that's for another day !
I absolutely HATE going into Walmart But there are a couple things that only they carry. If you want motor oil in 5 quart jugs, and I do, you have no choice

Lou
Old 12-02-10, 11:08 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by gemigniani
A recent issue of Consumer Reports rated a Korean Hankook tire as superior to the Michelin Primacy in quietness and equal in ride comfort. The Hankook is also far less expensive. I have some Kumho KR21 on my Toyota Corolla and they have convinced me the Korean tire makers are a class act, hence there is no legitimate need to fork out big $$$ for Michelin
Really - Talk about stretching the truth. That report rated 14 Performance All-Season H-Speed Rated Tires. The Hankook Optimo 418 came in at 13th, next to last in the ratings. But yes, according to CR, it rated the same in ride comfort and better in noise comfort. CR uses a numeric rating system, the Primacy MXV4 rated 84 (excellent) the Optimo H418 rated 68 (very good). According to CR, the Hankook is a good tire, but not in the same league as the Michelin.

Lou
The following users liked this post:
honeylips (11-29-22)
Old 12-02-10, 04:37 PM
gemigniani
Intermediate

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts

I agree, lowrideraz, the Michelin is better for aggressive drivers who want top cornering capability, etc. But the majority of ES350 owners are 45-80 years old and low tire noise is a top priority for them as well as bump smothering ride comfort. In those two areas the Hankook Optimo 418 has a slight edge over the Michelin and they cost considerably less too.
Old 12-02-10, 07:14 PM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

^^^^Don't take this wrong, but aggressive drivers don't drive an ES. I happen to be an aggressive driver, but my wife keeps me in toe She drive's the ES, and I drive my slightly modified F. BTW, I'm 72 years old. Age really has nothing to do with it. As far as tires go, when I retire my wife's ES it gets the MXV4s. From all I've read it's the right tire for this car.

Lou
Old 12-04-10, 06:51 AM
Macklin
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lowrideraz
^^^^Don't take this wrong, but aggressive drivers don't drive an ES. I happen to be an aggressive driver, but my wife keeps me in toe She drive's the ES, and I drive my slightly modified F. BTW, I'm 72 years old. Age really has nothing to do with it. As far as tires go, when I retire my wife's ES it gets the MXV4s. From all I've read it's the right tire for this car.

Lou

You get what you pay for. Learned that hard lesson, over and over and over.

See my thread on the Primacy.
Old 12-22-10, 01:05 AM
Citylights
Driver School Candidate

Default Toyo Proxes are the Best for ride comfort, noise and handling

I have had my ES350 since September 2006 and by far the best tires for them are the Toyo Proxes. I orignially had the Michelin all-season and the ride, noise & handling were definitely inferior. As I have had the car for more than 4 years now, I have had loaner cars that have had the Michelins & Bridgestones and they do NOT compare at all to the Toyo's. Granted, these are summer tires and will only be suitable for warmer climates ( I live in L.A.), but they are defnitely the best with regards to Ride, Handling & Noise, plus the car absolutely stops shorter with them so they are safer as well....The only drawback is they wear out much faster than the Michelin & Bridgestones but for me they are worth it.
Old 12-27-10, 07:43 AM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

I have to agree with Citylights. I had the Toyo Proxes on my 07 ES350 as original equipment and I did not appreciate them until I had to get new tires. Grant you, the new tires Michelin Primacy V rated 225/55/17 are pretty good tires but the handling and smoother ride of the Toyo Proxes was exceptional.. One thing that stood out was the stopping distance, immidiately after I switched tires I thought something was wrong with my brakes. Again, they are summer tires and I barely got 21k miles before they were bald..
Old 12-27-10, 09:01 AM
rhudson2
Driver School Candidate

I just installled the Michelin Primacy MXM4 original size on my 08 es350. Got 24 k out of the factory Michelins. the new tires are SMOOOOOOTH and quite.
Love them.
Old 01-14-11, 03:47 AM
Jimmybasco
Rookie

I installed the Primacy MXV4 225/55/15 V rated version and I am extremely satisfied with the ride quality and how smooth and quiet these tires are. In addition these tires give the car a slightly more muscular look especially from the side. I have read several postings from several ES 350 owners who think the car is under-tired. This size tires fill out the wheel well nicely without any clearance issues..

Quick Reply: Recommendations for New Tires for ES350