CL of Southern California For Southern California Lexus owners to come together.

Firestone Alignment.. Lowered Car friendly?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-10, 09:18 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts
Default Firestone Alignment.. Lowered Car friendly?

Anyone know of a Firestone shop that has the latest alignment machine that can somewhat accomodate lowered cars? The last shop I went to, the rack was high off the ground, and my car was at stock height. I need a tech who is careful to because the guy who did mine drove up the ramp without slowing down and when he parked the car, he revved my engine. This is the one next to South Coast Plaza so avoid

Anyways I need a Firestone in Orange County. I would go to Javier in Arcadia but that's way too far for me.
Old 04-14-10, 10:42 AM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I know that Firestone. A lot of the people who work there are _____ (not so great). There was one guy that works (not sure if he still does) there that was really cool. Told the tech to take extra care of my car. He was a fellow MR2 owner.

Anyways, I usually go to Just Tires in Tustin. Friend of mine works there. My GS is lowered (not slammed) and it was fine. If you decide to go there, send me a PM.
Old 04-14-10, 11:05 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts

The best place I've found so far is Clark's House of Suspension in Lake Forest. My car is lowered 1.8" and they were able to align it within factory specs. No one else has been able to do that.
Old 04-14-10, 12:30 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I go to the one on Orangethorpe and Valley View, they treat my car very carefully and always take my car up the ramp slowly. There are also no steep driveways on the Orangethorpe side which is a plus
Old 04-14-10, 01:15 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The one in Redondo they dragged my bumper, but the one in Manhattan Beach they had a spotter to spot it going up and when bringing it down they used plywood to lift the tires
Old 04-14-10, 01:24 PM
Sash1mi
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you want to take the drive go to Platinum VIP. That's where I did my alignment, they did a superior work and my car is slammed on 18's... I might have wheel gaps but you have to think about the facts of being on 18's

Dara
Old 04-14-10, 01:33 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

bring some 2x4.
Old 04-14-10, 02:34 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Guys, I forgot to mention that I have lifetime alignment so it's gotta be Firestone only.

I use to do my own alignment but it would take hours and I simply do not have the time to do it anymore. I bought the lifetime because I just purchased a set of coilovers. I'll be making my own camber kit so I'll be needing a lot of alignments (trial and error )
Old 04-14-10, 02:36 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by o6spdracer
I know that Firestone. A lot of the people who work there are _____ (not so great).
There was a tech who took a customer's mid 90s Chevy Impala around the parking lot and he made a short burst of WOT.
Old 04-14-10, 02:45 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Guys, I forgot to mention that I have lifetime alignment so it's gotta be Firestone only.

I use to do my own alignment but it would take hours and I simply do not have the time to do it anymore. I bought the lifetime because I just purchased a set of coilovers. I'll be making my own camber kit so I'll be needing a lot of alignments (trial and error )
Is it hard to do your own alignment? I'll be interested in learning.
Old 04-14-10, 02:50 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Firestone is 1 alignment every 6k miles iirc
Old 04-14-10, 03:12 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i go the one on brookhurst and chapman, the manager has a lowered JDMish eg he knows what it feels like to have a lowered car. he told me to remove my front bumper and drive it up there myself. but the techs did the alignment.
Old 04-14-10, 03:14 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by sc300jz
Is it hard to do your own alignment? I'll be interested in learning.
Its not hard, but you would need the tools to take the measurements. The car has to be level and on the ground when taking readings. Without an alignment rack it is a very long process of measuring, lifting your car, adjust, measure, lift, adjust, and so on...
Old 04-14-10, 03:41 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by lexusscturbo
Firestone is 1 alignment every 6k miles iirc
There was no fine print or anything. The firestone guy said I can bring it in anytime even though they 'recommended' once every 5k miles. I spoke to Chrispy and he said he once took his car in 3 days after he got his first alignment and they didn't care at all.
Old 04-14-10, 03:43 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by LOLthxKbye
i go the one on brookhurst and chapman, the manager has a lowered JDMish eg he knows what it feels like to have a lowered car. he told me to remove my front bumper and drive it up there myself. but the techs did the alignment.

I know which you're talking about. I'll try to go there next time around. I'm not going to be that low, but would still like to get on the rack without having to tear apart my car. I prefer to drive my car onto the rack anyways so that's a plus.

Quick Reply: Firestone Alignment.. Lowered Car friendly?