Performance Forced induction, intakes, exhausts, torque converters, transmissions, etc.

1UZ Twin Turbo V160 6 spd is done!!!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-10, 09:51 AM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

That was my boy Mitch's car. His was getting built the same time as mine, both by SRT. He sold it about a month after getting it done, moved onto a new M5 when they first came out with the new body style. I believe he sold that to a guy down in Florida.
Old 06-28-10, 05:36 PM
DrRick
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
so this is what it takes to get the OG's to log in nowadays? WB btw

hahahaha. that and the fact i just bought another 2nd gen. and this thread is making me thirsty....
Old 06-29-10, 07:08 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff that is just awesome!
Glad everything came out with little to no headaches.. Videos please!
Old 07-18-10, 08:00 AM
2turbo4u
Lexus Test Driver

This is one sick lexus, can't wait to see the vid. Love your rear spoiler!
Old 07-18-10, 11:19 AM
gs400 civi
Lead Lap

Gongrats on this!!!! absolute fire!!!, once i'm in a country where I can have this done this will be my next huge mod/ conversion. pure inspiration, thank you.
Old 07-25-10, 12:07 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

WOW, Thats the baddest, cleanest GS400 Ive ever seen. If I could duplicate a GS for myself it would be yours. Congrats bet that a blast to drive.
Old 07-25-10, 06:30 PM
miaristo
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow!!!!!!!!i dont know wat to say, another than thats B E A utiful. good job man.
Old 07-26-10, 10:35 PM
JLAM
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

two thumbs up!!!
Old 07-27-10, 06:51 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

where's our videos.
Old 07-28-10, 06:33 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Man, Ive been dying to get a video or two up. Everytime I have time, there's nobody around to shoot the damn thing. I almost took my 10yr old daughter out with me the other day to shoot, but I figured mama wouldnt be too happy if she found out.

This weekend I will get some shot without fail.
Old 07-28-10, 08:53 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hot ride!! I did not even know your car existed. I just decided to lurk over here on the GS forum after NextLevel told me about some of the GS400 guys twin turboing their cars. Very nice, very clean. I see you had to bring your manifold up above the frame rail as I did on the driver's side. Sweet ride!! I love seeing guys turbo the 1UZ! Anoter UZ rocking twins!!

I am curious about the heat your set up is generating. It looks like you ceramic coated your manifolds, but did not wrap them. How is the heat, and everything else dealing with it?

Did you go into your motor, or are the internals stock? Your motor is vvti, so I am curious how well the motor is holding up.

What kind of engine management are you running?

How much boost?

When you ran your TH400, what was the stall on your TQ converter?

Did you modify your stock fuel system? Pumps, rails, injectors?

Sorry for the questions, but I am about to take my TT SC400 (Version 2) for it's first drive. SO I am most curious what all you have done.

Ryan

Last edited by SC400TT; 07-28-10 at 09:13 PM.
Old 07-29-10, 06:18 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Whats up Ryan, yeah man, my car has been around for awhile, just didnt have it where I wanted it, so didnt really put it out there. It is now where I want it.

Ive answered your questions below, what I remember off of the top of my head anyhow.

Hot ride!! I did not even know your car existed. I just decided to lurk over here on the GS forum after NextLevel told me about some of the GS400 guys twin turboing their cars. Very nice, very clean. I see you had to bring your manifold up above the frame rail as I did on the driver's side. Sweet ride!! I love seeing guys turbo the 1UZ! Anoter UZ rocking twins!! Yeah, they were both brought up for clearance reasons. I actually didnt really want them up, but it worked out well with some symetry.

I am curious about the heat your set up is generating. It looks like you ceramic coated your manifolds, but did not wrap them. How is the heat, and everything else dealing with it? It definitely gets hot, but I havent had any issues with negative effects from it. we wrapped osme of the lines and wiring harnesses to help protect them. We opted to not wrap the manifolds and such, but they are ceramic coated. No overheating or melting of anything yet.

Did you go into your motor, or are the internals stock? Your motor is vvti, so I am curious how well the motor is holding up. Went into the motor...rods, pistons, etc, etc...

What kind of engine management are you running? Halltech E11

How much boost? running around on 16lbs on pump gas right now

When you ran your TH400, what was the stall on your TQ converter? man I changed that stall 3 or 4 times trying to get it where I wanted it. I think I ended up with a 3400 stall if memory serves me.

Did you modify your stock fuel system? Pumps, rails, injectors? twin walbro pumps, stock rails, 720cc injectors

Sorry for the questions, but I am about to take my TT SC400 (Version 2) for it's first drive. SO I am most curious what all you have done.

Ryan
Old 07-29-10, 08:14 PM
SC400TT
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Hey TTurboPimp, awesome!! I appreciate you answering my questions. Noice build!! I will try wrapping my wires and harnesses first, instead of wrapping my manifolds and downpipe, and see how that works out. I appreciate your thoughts. I will also create a metal heatshield for the hot side of my turbos. I did vent my stock hood, so that should help with heat departing from my engine bay.

Have you made any serious long runs on your car?

Our builds are similar in scope...I built my engine internals with all forged parts, I installed (2) Walbro 255's, I installed (8) 960 cc injectors, I built my A340 with Boost Logic, my stall is 2800, I added a TRD LSD, I ported my heads and intake, and I use (2) stand alones...An Autronic SM4 for my motor and the accessories, and a PCS to control my transmission. I also modified the transmission set up to run e-shift and added a GS e-shift steering wheel. I have tried to keep as much of the luxury aspect of the stock car, but muscled it up quite a bit. I should be able to control the speed and harshness of the solenoids as they shift through the gears as well, so if I drive easily, the transmission shifts close to stock, but as I increase load and throttle, my shifting increases in quickness and force.

We will see.

Ryan

Originally Posted by TTurboPimp
Whats up Ryan, yeah man, my car has been around for awhile, just didnt have it where I wanted it, so didnt really put it out there. It is now where I want it.

Ive answered your questions below, what I remember off of the top of my head anyhow.

Hot ride!! I did not even know your car existed. I just decided to lurk over here on the GS forum after NextLevel told me about some of the GS400 guys twin turboing their cars. Very nice, very clean. I see you had to bring your manifold up above the frame rail as I did on the driver's side. Sweet ride!! I love seeing guys turbo the 1UZ! Anoter UZ rocking twins!! Yeah, they were both brought up for clearance reasons. I actually didnt really want them up, but it worked out well with some symetry.

I am curious about the heat your set up is generating. It looks like you ceramic coated your manifolds, but did not wrap them. How is the heat, and everything else dealing with it? It definitely gets hot, but I havent had any issues with negative effects from it. we wrapped osme of the lines and wiring harnesses to help protect them. We opted to not wrap the manifolds and such, but they are ceramic coated. No overheating or melting of anything yet.

Did you go into your motor, or are the internals stock? Your motor is vvti, so I am curious how well the motor is holding up. Went into the motor...rods, pistons, etc, etc...

What kind of engine management are you running? Halltech E11

How much boost? running around on 16lbs on pump gas right now

When you ran your TH400, what was the stall on your TQ converter? man I changed that stall 3 or 4 times trying to get it where I wanted it. I think I ended up with a 3400 stall if memory serves me.

Did you modify your stock fuel system? Pumps, rails, injectors? twin walbro pumps, stock rails, 720cc injectors

Ryan
Old 07-29-10, 09:45 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What brand pistons/rods are you guys running? That's my next project, to build internals up. I'm running 11lbs on a Haltech 2000 right now
Old 07-30-10, 04:38 PM
TTurboPimp
Pole Position

Ross Pistons, Crower rods, ARP hardware, ported and polished heads and intake, Acufab 85mm throttle body

Quick Reply: 1UZ Twin Turbo V160 6 spd is done!!!