IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

Road hazard insurance saves the day!

Old 07-21-10, 01:31 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Road hazard insurance saves the day!

I took a trip down to key west expecting to be able to open up the f a little. I was able to fly a little until I got to us-1. Once that happened all the fun died. us-1 is just that.....a 1 lane highway (well 2 if you count the people coming back). I was getting stuck behind trucks and people carrying there big boats. I did have a little bit of fun passing people in the oncoming lane, but that aint much cause its always some body coming. Once i hit the bridges I was expecting them to be two lane...nope wrong. So after 2 to 3 hours of driving I finally hit my first country town. I was happy that i got more than one lane to ride it, but i wasnt happy with the 45mph limit or the raggedy *** roads. Oh and the troopers didnt help either. But once I finally hit key west I hoped the city would have better roads than the country towns...wrong. It was just as bad. So me and the wife hit the hotel to relax until the next day. So the next morning I wake up and what do I find...a almost flat tire. So i fill with air hoping it does blow cause i have nittrous in the tire already. But to make a long story short...i have to keep putting air in the tire for the next two days and every our on the way back from key west. The reason i didnt have it patched is because i had the road hazard insurance. I know I would have to take it to the lex dealer to use it and get a new tire.

I finally get to the dealer and he tells me my rim is cracked...I say ok lets order me a new one. The dealer thinks that I have the lex insurance and the wheel is not covered cause it is after market. I tell him to call the insurance company. He does and he comes out the office stunned. So know I have to get in touch with the previous owner to find out the special offset that was done on the car so I can get my brand new rim. Sorry for the long story.
Old 07-21-10, 01:48 PM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts

So what kind of Rim/ Tire is it... ??

Also, what kind of Road hazard insurance is it??

I'm guessing and hoping they slapped on the yellow donut?? or its sitting @ the dealership and your in loaner...... ?!

Joe Z
Old 07-21-10, 02:02 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by Joe Z
So what kind of Rim/ Tire is it... ??

Also, what kind of Road hazard insurance is it??

I'm guessing and hoping they slapped on the yellow donut?? or its sitting @ the dealership and your in loaner...... ?!

Joe Z
The rim 20in tsw croft. THe ins company is safe-guard products int. Well I didnt put the donut on yet cause i thought the process would be quicker. I will have the donut put on tomorrow. The damn rim was custom cut to fit the car at butler tire in atl. So now I have to ship the rim to atl to have the guy who cut it take the measurements so he can get a new one done and shipped out to me. Im not gonna leave my car up there. Ill put it in the garage and drive my other car. what a headache this has turned out to be.
Old 07-21-10, 02:40 PM
ub2slow2
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That totally sux. When I took my car in last week to get the minor crash repairs fixed I about crapped when he pulled my damaged wheel off and put on the spare. That yellow crap rim is ugly as heII. Couldn't Lexus have at least painted it black or something? Anyway, wheel place fixed the scratched up wheel and it looks awesome. I couldn't even see where it was scratched before. They did a flawless job. Good luck on your situation and I made that drive two times now and that road does suck and so does the traffic.
Old 07-21-10, 03:23 PM
OneSiCkF
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hope you get your rim sooner than later bro. GL
Old 07-21-10, 03:55 PM
bnizzle87
Lexus Fanatic

Received 60 Likes on 51 Posts

best of luck with the repair. hoping they dont take too long to replace the rim and ship it back. dont wanna keep that yellow donut for longer than it needs to be on.
Old 07-21-10, 04:02 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Thx guys. Well im lucky to have a back up car. Its not as fast or fun to drive as the f but it still turns heads. My wife calls it grandpa. 00 gs 300. I keep her looking new. Im hoping that NM lexus doesnt cause me any problems. I talked to the rim guy in atl and he said that the dealership was acting hesitant about paying him the money to get the work done. Even tho they get reimburse. Ill take it in tomorrow morning so we will see.
Old 07-22-10, 08:35 AM
Juanca
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I guess you're new to South Florida, aren't you? We all know US1 is a 1-lane road all the way to Key West, and that cops are everywhere enforcing the speed limit, and don't even think about speeding on the 7-mile bridge!

Good luck with your rim, I didn't know you could have insurance coverage for an aftermarket wheel, maybe you'll get a big bill from Lexus of North Miami.

Is this thread in the wrong forum? I think so.
Old 07-22-10, 01:35 PM
chris6878
Advanced

Originally Posted by Juanca
I guess you're new to South Florida, aren't you? We all know US1 is a 1-lane road all the way to Key West, and that cops are everywhere enforcing the speed limit, and don't even think about speeding on the 7-mile bridge!

Good luck with your rim, I didn't know you could have insurance coverage for an aftermarket wheel, maybe you'll get a big bill from Lexus of North Miami.

Is this thread in the wrong forum? I think so.
Dont know what thread it should be in. Well Ive been down hear for about 6 years. Just never ventured that far down. Yea I got the insurance threw a company that hennesy lexus in ga deals with. I suggest everyone gets some kinda wheel insurance, ive got mine for 5 years.

I shipped the wheel of today. So far it seems like everything should go smoothly. But we will see.