IS - 2nd Gen (2006-2013) Discussion about the 2006+ model IS models
Old 01-07-15, 04:29 PM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:

Browse all: Cleaning and Detailing Guides
Print Wikipost

My used Lexus IS250 has a soft, sticky dash that scratches and mars easily.

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-14, 01:17 PM
PlacidBoi
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Also want to add this to it...
I really hope something gets done about this )=
http://www.wptv.com/money/consumer/d...mazda-vehicles
Old 06-02-14, 06:09 AM
kingdave
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PlacidBoi
Also want to add this to it...
I really hope something gets done about this )=
http://www.wptv.com/money/consumer/d...mazda-vehicles
I definitely plan to do something about it. When I buy another car in September, it's going to be a different brand!!! My attitude is that Toyota/Lexus has access to all the data from every one of its service departments all over the world. They KNOW this is an issue. They've known it for years. They've made a business decision to do nothing about it.

On another note, I've also seen that this is an issue with Maseratis and Ferraris too. Some Lamborghini owners have reported it as well. At least we're all in high-dollar company.
Old 06-02-14, 09:56 AM
user 692802
Pit Crew

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

They have mats to cover the dash, what about the top portion of door panels?
Old 07-06-14, 07:11 PM
boss22
Driver

Hey. Same problem here. 2006 IS 250. Today was way too much so I started search the web and I see I am not alone
I am wondering if i go to Lexus dealer and show them that bs on my dashboard so will they replace it free of charge? It should be a recall on that stuff??
Old 07-06-14, 11:06 PM
lyjohnny
Driver School Candidate

i have this on my car too.... 2010 is250...
Old 07-11-14, 04:04 PM
drtag
Driver School Candidate

Everyone who's posted to this thread needs to go on the NHTSB website and file a complaint. I just did! It's really easy and could lead to a manufacturer's recall if we all pull together and do this. I just watched a video on the net from a local news station in Florida that did a really good report on our dash and interior problem back in May of 2014 which could help the cause, especially since the got a Lexus dealership owner to state that Lexus needs to issue a recall, if for no other reason than to be consistent in its policy. But the reporter noted that there really haven't been many complaints filed. Come on guys!! Lets make it happen.
Old 07-11-14, 06:08 PM
boss22
Driver

Originally Posted by drtag
Everyone who's posted to this thread needs to go on the NHTSB website and file a complaint. I just did! It's really easy and could lead to a manufacturer's recall if we all pull together and do this. I just watched a video on the net from a local news station in Florida that did a really good report on our dash and interior problem back in May of 2014 which could help the cause, especially since the got a Lexus dealership owner to state that Lexus needs to issue a recall, if for no other reason than to be consistent in its policy. But the reporter noted that there really haven't been many complaints filed. Come on guys!! Lets make it happen.
Hell yeah!!! I will immediately do that!! Put here the exact address to this web. Thank you!!

Edit: I think i got it here: https://www-odi.nhtsa.dot.gov/ivoq/

Edit2: Bummm!! Mine is done. It is really easy and quick. Come on guys lets do it!!

Last edited by boss22; 07-11-14 at 06:29 PM.
Old 07-14-14, 02:01 PM
leekamptha
Driver School Candidate

Lexus made an offer of 25% coverage of the dash replacement which i declined. They need to cover 100% of the cost.
Old 07-21-14, 09:26 PM
teaguedp90
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

was told some BS about how the previous owner of my 06 IS250 must have used plasti dip on the dash and thats why its all soft and sticky. lol only at lexus of conchord.
Old 10-24-14, 08:02 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Took the 06 to the dealer this morning and they are going to generate an estimate to replace the dash and all 4 door panels to lexus corporate. My service provider told me hes done several before. All I did was ask about the sticky dash, provided some pictures, and he said bring it in so I can do an estimate for corporate. Well see how it goes
Old 10-24-14, 01:24 PM
A1cntrler
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Took the 06 to the dealer this morning and they are going to generate an estimate to replace the dash and all 4 door panels to lexus corporate. My service provider told me hes done several before. All I did was ask about the sticky dash, provided some pictures, and he said bring it in so I can do an estimate for corporate. Well see how it goes
Please update when you find out more!

I just went the the NHTSA site and put in my info on my '06 dash/door panels. Also while there I searched for 2006 IS and came up with pages of dash complaints. Looks like the links posted above have been working and people have been submitting. Hopefully it goes somewhere.
Old 10-24-14, 05:25 PM
iNfectious
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 4TehNguyen
Which one? My 06 is at Northside Lexus for a recall and is ready to pickup tomorrow. I might as well mention about it.
Old 10-27-14, 11:35 AM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by iNfectious
Which one? My 06 is at Northside Lexus for a recall and is ready to pickup tomorrow. I might as well mention about it.
Westside Lexus
Old 11-01-14, 07:56 AM
Joreeves
Driver School Candidate

Unhappy Sticky dashboard and doors

I mentioned the sticky dash problem to the service manager years ago and he never wrote it in the service order, he just ignored it. Now my 2007 IS350 is stickier than ever. If that is the "quality" that I paid for, I will not be looking at the Lexus line when I purchase my new SUV in the near future.
Old 11-01-14, 08:19 AM
jtsimaras
Rookie

Seems like it really only is an issue in hot climates, am I wrong?

Quick Reply: My used Lexus IS250 has a soft, sticky dash that scratches and mars easily.