IS F (2008-2014) Discussion topics related to the IS F model

My ISF evolution...

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-11, 03:52 PM
BrianLex
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that alot of power,it must be fun on the road...
Old 07-13-11, 07:45 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by darbs242
Elite Auto Engineering... porting is 900 and your gonna pay 3-4 hours in labor to switch them. Also, this shop has pretty bad customer service, it will take them a 3-4 weeks to get it done. I think Mitch on here has one he never installed cause he bought a GTR. HIt him up to see if hes still selling it at a better deal with no down time.
Elite auto engineering is garbage, they took a full year with Splat's IS-F just to install and fit a supercharger into his car(Seriously? A year just to fit and install a supercharger?). At the end, I am pretty sure things did not work out well because if it did, splat would have reopened his thread and updated us with the results. Last time we had an update, the there were still problems that needs to be worked out after a full year of fitting and installation (Yes i know right?BS). Elite Auto Engineering is just like Fox Marketing(We all know what happened to the IS-C project), all talk and no real results, stay away from these two companies, no matter how hard they try to sweet talk you.
Old 07-13-11, 10:35 AM
DCoolBeans
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

60whp with the headers and exhaust
Old 07-15-11, 10:28 PM
rtr01
Rookie

Originally Posted by someboy
Elite auto engineering is garbage, they took a full year with Splat's IS-F just to install and fit a supercharger into his car(Seriously? A year just to fit and install a supercharger?). At the end, I am pretty sure things did not work out well because if it did, splat would have reopened his thread and updated us with the results. Last time we had an update, the there were still problems that needs to be worked out after a full year of fitting and installation (Yes i know right?BS). Elite Auto Engineering is just like Fox Marketing(We all know what happened to the IS-C project), all talk and no real results, stay away from these two companies, no matter how hard they try to sweet talk you.
this car has since been returned to natural aspiration. no more boost. too many problems.
Old 07-18-11, 05:07 AM
someboy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rtr01
this car has since been returned to natural aspiration. no more boost. too many problems.
If elite even tried in that one full year, they could have solved or see the problems before wasting so much time, only to hit a brick wall at the end then they noticed OH there are too many problems, we just have to give up now. Very unprofessional.
Old 07-18-11, 03:12 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,845 Likes on 2,332 Posts

Originally Posted by KJH
Porting the intake manifold on a motor like we have is somewhat risky as the results have shown. It would be very difficult, IMO, to beat the Lexus R & D. We know our cars have fairly restrictive exhausts and relatively small cams. Still, it generates the power quite effectively which tells me the intake mani and cylinder heads are more than doing their jobs. That is the key reason our motors respond so well to headers (and cams if anybody made any for the USDM). It seems as though the Elite guys assumed there would be power gains in porting the head when, likely as not, they slowed port velocity, which can have a negative impact on torque and outright power. By itself, this will make the car less responsive, but with the other mods on the OP's car, these issues are glossed over somewhat. Elite should conduct an apples-to-apples comparison of a bone stock IS-F, install its ported intake manifold and test again. I'm willing to bet that, if it did this, the gains, if any, would be nominal and there would be a good chance of the stock car outperforming the modded one.
Dead on the money. I would not change the size or shape of the original casting - I would just remove the casting flash, and ensure they're all the same size before attempting to "improve" flow. I suspect had they done the heads AND the manifold, you'd see a flatter torque curve (which is ALWAYS better), or more importantly, had they combined porting heads, intake, and higher lift cams; we'd see something a whole lot better on top. This engine is clearly choked at high rpm, and it's obvious from the way the torque peaks and falls like a rock as rpm increases. I had hoped the headers would improve this, but it appears to be a combination of port sizes and cam timing conspiring to throttle this engine at the top of the rev range. It would be nice to have a head available to look at the ports and see what Yamaha did.

Don't get me wrong, this really is a great powerband for street driving. It's just leaving a lot on the table for those of us who use the engine's top end.
Old 08-18-11, 09:17 AM
darbs242
Racer

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I have lower nitrous tq numbers than anyone and im pretty sure it has to do with the manifold...
Old 09-18-11, 02:49 PM
darbs242
Racer

Going to add v-banded cats and test pipes and redyno when I add the OS Giken traction control differential LSD and new Sikky adjustable rear sway bar in the spring...

Last edited by darbs242; 09-19-11 at 05:50 AM.
Old 09-18-11, 09:17 PM
MRISF
Pole Position

"and new Sikky adjustable rear in the spring..."
Please explain
Old 09-18-11, 11:26 PM
Dv8tion388
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by darbs242
Going to add v-banded cats and test pipes and redyno...
Nice....

~Dv8
Old 09-19-11, 12:16 AM
sksc1105
Driver School Candidate

Well I am quite interest to know the 1/4 mile time.
Old 09-19-11, 05:56 AM
darbs242
Racer

Originally Posted by 08MRISF
"and new Sikky adjustable rear in the spring..."
Please explain
The addition of my Sikky sway bar. An adjustable rear sway bar with three settings, the softest should be equal to a F sport bar with yet a stiffer setting and then a full race setting after that... The kit comes withg adjustable toe end links. I am running it on the race setting.

Last edited by darbs242; 07-28-12 at 09:15 PM.
Old 11-13-11, 07:03 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

I'm still in awe of the elite mani... They're the only ones I know of that are port & polishing f mani's
Old 11-13-11, 07:03 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

I was hoping to see gains but thanks to u I know to avoid elite once my f arrives
Old 12-25-11, 04:16 PM
darbs242
Racer

Thinking about trying 109 oct with 125 shot? Think its worth it anyone?

Quick Reply: My ISF evolution...