Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

1999 GS300 need Brake master cylinder

Old 12-22-11, 12:24 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Actually, you might want to consult another mechanic. The buzzing sound is normal really. It's the pump building up pressure in the nitrogen circuit. However, it should not be pumping all the time. It is normal to pump after long braking or a certain time without braking. Yes, it also does it for a couple of seconds on start-up. Normal too.

Try and get the error codes, they might give a more precise idea of the problem.
Old 12-22-11, 01:50 AM
Jaik
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah its not the noise itself that is strange, because it does have to build up pressure, its the rate at which it looses that pressure which is the cause for concern.
Old 12-22-11, 03:11 AM
shurian
Pit Crew

I got brake master cillynder in good working condition of GS400, will let it go complete with assembly and etc, pm me
Old 12-22-11, 05:42 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I just had this issue on thanksgiving day....change the whole unit...from the dealer it will run you about 1700 or a little more but go on car-parts.com and you will find some salvage yards that have it for cheaper...I got lucky and found a guy with a 2003 one for 200 and it only had 80k miles...I changed it and it works like perfect. Don't listen to anyone and get rid of ABS. Just get it fixed....go on the site car-parts.com
Old 12-23-11, 11:20 AM
talexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TheRyanGS
I just had this issue on thanksgiving day....change the whole unit...from the dealer it will run you about 1700 or a little more but go on car-parts.com and you will find some salvage yards that have it for cheaper...I got lucky and found a guy with a 2003 one for 200 and it only had 80k miles...I changed it and it works like perfect. Don't listen to anyone and get rid of ABS. Just get it fixed....go on the site car-parts.com
thanks for the site. sorry i don't have much knowledge about this but if i buy the Brake master cylinder, do i also need to buy Brake booster and assembly? my mechanic mentioned i need everything replaced and he can't even find the parts

thank you
your help is greatly appreciated
Old 12-23-11, 11:32 AM
FrankT
Instructor

Received 49 Likes on 42 Posts

The BMC is a all in one unit for our cars with abs modulator.
It is electronic as opposed to vacuum assist.

Like others have said, find a better mechanic.
Old 12-24-11, 01:25 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

FrankT is right, you can't get rid of ABS as it's one unit....
Old 12-24-11, 04:59 AM
iRyan
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Correct...it's on big unit all together and make sure it has the black computer module on the side....
Old 12-26-11, 10:20 AM
talexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will a Brake Master cylinder from a 98 Lexus GS400 fit on my 99 Lexus GS300 ?

thank you
Old 12-26-11, 11:15 AM
YviE
Lexus Test Driver

Yes it will, but it's better to go with a 01-05 BMC.
Old 12-30-11, 09:48 PM
movaaa55
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by YviE
Yes it will, but it's better to go with a 01-05 BMC.
Hey im in need of help asap. I have a 99' gs300 and my BMC is making squeaking sounds like its trying to pump (it is really loud). and then my ABS, VSC, BRAKE, and VSC/off, lights are all on and has a loud continuous beep that goes on for up to 20 minutes at a time. Only when the effects are happening do i feel a slight squishiness to my brakes for the first inch of push. my mechanic said the same thing as above, hes quoting me 200 for installation only and says the part is 1400.

Is their any way i can fix this for cheaper?

and I heard that the 01-05 part wont work unless i get a new sensor for it, any idea where i can find that sensor and how it installs?

btw i live in dallas, tx if anyone here knows how to put it on for cheaper. Thank you sir!

-btw i can upload a video of what happens if it helps, just ask!
Old 12-30-11, 09:52 PM
movaaa55
Driver School Candidate

how much? and what year+miles? thank you
Old 06-12-12, 12:18 PM
boltfan
Driver School Candidate

Any updated information on this topic, especially used parts and what years may be compatible?

Dallas area.

Thanks
Old 06-19-12, 06:05 PM
ls400beave
Rookie

This is a great thread. I am having issues with my MBC on my 98. My brakes have a slight squishy feel when stopping from fast speeds and is also makes you press more firm on the brake pedal to stop in slower traffic. I also hear the electronic pump (buzz noise) coming from master cylinder from time to time especially in stop and go traffic. Although I have NO warning lights on, it does concern me. From what I read you need to replace the whole unit. It is the master cylinder + a abs brake booster. I am hoping to find one used working one. I just got the whip in April and not sure it the electronic pumping noise is normal or not. For both parts at the dealer it is $2400 and is rediculous..
Old 06-11-14, 01:28 PM
Mosca
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by movaaa55
Hey im in need of help asap. I have a 99' gs300 and my BMC is making squeaking sounds like its trying to pump (it is really loud). and then my ABS, VSC, BRAKE, and VSC/off, lights are all on and has a loud continuous beep that goes on for up to 20 minutes at a time. Only when the effects are happening do i feel a slight squishiness to my brakes for the first inch of push. my mechanic said the same thing as above, hes quoting me 200 for installation only and says the part is 1400.

Is their any way i can fix this for cheaper?

and I heard that the 01-05 part wont work unless i get a new sensor for it, any idea where i can find that sensor and how it installs?
Just have had this problem occur too. 98 GS300 and I don't like to mess around when it comes to brakes.. Anyone?

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 1999 GS300 need Brake master cylinder