IS-F Style Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-12, 06:22 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IS-F Style Wheels

Hey Guys,

This was posted in the IS-F section, but i feel like this needs some exposure in the 2IS section.

Most of us are aware of the LFA Style wheels that have been pretty popular these days. Now there is an IS-F style available.

The specs are better than the LFA Style in regards to the 2IS. 19x8.5 +35 and 19x9.5 +35.

They look really good in the sample picture (assuming they are the rep wheels and not the authentic)

Im considering getting them myself in the summer, but am curious if anyone bought them and can chime in regards to the quality of the wheel and finish

http://www.ebay.com/itm/19-WHEELS-IS...ht_4131wt_1189
Old 01-21-12, 06:26 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Not bad looking. To bad they haven't made the newer style IS-F wheels.
Old 01-21-12, 06:27 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by RastaRacer
Not bad looking. To bad they haven't made the newer style IS-F wheels.
Am I the only one that actually prefers the older style
Old 01-21-12, 06:30 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Wow those are good specs. You will have no rubbing and no fender modifications will be needed.

Then you can run 235/35 and 265/30 (or 265/35) tires. (fatty tires ftw )
Old 01-21-12, 06:31 PM
Authorize
Driver

They're not bad. I actually like the 19-inch Full-Face Forged rims more, though. In my opinion, I think they have a meaner look to them.
Old 01-21-12, 06:38 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Received 595 Likes on 400 Posts

Originally Posted by sleekbrian
Am I the only one that actually prefers the older style
I like the early style and the new 2012 wheels. The "snowflakes" are no good, IMO.

Regarding these wheels, they are pretty nice looking, but the offsets don't seem ideal for a stock height car, I mean, the fronts move out 16mm and the rears move out 29mm. I had 20mm rear spacers on mine to get an idea of how it would look, and I don't think I'd want it sticking out any further than that honestly. Maybe with less tire it might look good. (I have the 245's on the stock 8" wide wheels, so there is a bit of bulge, but still).

Anyone running similar offsets on a stock car? I'd like to see where they sit. Moving out that far without lowering/camber in might be odd.

EDIT: Thinking about it I guess it wouldn't be horrible. I'd still like to see a car with similar positioning.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 01-21-12 at 06:46 PM.
Old 01-21-12, 06:45 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

They don't look bad, but I wouldn't buy them for 2 reasons.

1) Questionable quality... for that price you know they had to cost cut in places. Wheels/suspension/brakes are not areas I would want to cheap out on.

2) That picture on the car is not a real picture of the product. It was stolen from here....
http://www.g-car.cz/detail-auta.php?...423-koni&id=76
So now the seller seems shady too.
Old 01-21-12, 06:53 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Yes, I agree wheels like this are always questionable quality. It's hard to find out how good they actually are, this is always an issue with safety equipment like wheels, though just because something is more expensive doesn't always make it higher quality (it often does though, heh).

As for the picture, maybe they just had those wheels in that picture? It seems like the wheels may be from Europe? The car in the picture is not an IS F, unless they changed the bumpers and fenders. So who knows? When you click the more info PDF, there is a picture of a different car.

It could just be an ISx50 with real IS F wheels on it though, from the rear offset it looks like that might be the case. Hard to say.

Jeff

Last edited by Jeff Lange; 01-21-12 at 06:57 PM.
Old 01-21-12, 06:56 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
I like the early style and the new 2012 wheels. The "snowflakes" are no good, IMO.

Regarding these wheels, they are pretty nice looking, but the offsets don't seem ideal for a stock height car, I mean, the fronts move out 16mm and the rears move out 29mm. I had 20mm rear spacers on mine to get an idea of how it would look, and I don't think I'd want it sticking out any further than that honestly. Maybe with less tire it might look good. (I have the 245's on the stock 8" wide wheels, so there is a bit of bulge, but still).

Anyone running similar offsets on a stock car? I'd like to see where they sit. Moving out that far without lowering/camber in might be odd.

EDIT: Thinking about it I guess it wouldn't be horrible. I'd still like to see a car with similar positioning.

Jeff
Completely agree with you on the snowflake comment and ive seen that spec many times and it looks good without any fender work. Maybe someone can post some pics of their setups.

Originally Posted by KillaIS250
They don't look bad, but I wouldn't buy them for 2 reasons.

1) Questionable quality... for that price you know they had to cost cut in places. Wheels/suspension/brakes are not areas I would want to cheap out on.

2) That picture on the car is not a real picture of the product. It was stolen from here....
http://www.g-car.cz/detail-auta.php?...423-koni&id=76
So now the seller seems shady too.
1) The price does look scary low, but thats how much many of the replicas cost. These are the same price as the LFA style wheels that many people have been happy with. I personally have always liked the IS-F wheels but i dont like the idea of using spacers, so this caught my eye. If it was priced at $1500 i would be just as interested. But yea i do agree that the quality worries me, only cause it seems no one really has them.

2) Hmm that is a good point, however many of the ebay sellers post pictures of authentic products in the picture (such as lip kits), it doesnt automatically mean the product is bad. But i do wish they provided real pictures of the rep wheel. I dont think the seller is shady though, he is a top rated seller and has 100% feedback. I looked through a few and everyone is happy with the rep wheels they have bought from them

Last edited by sleekbrian; 01-21-12 at 07:06 PM.
Old 01-21-12, 06:59 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

He's also not a new seller, been selling for over 10 years, but with something like wheels if something goes wrong, it's usually down the road a bit, and you would likely not be in a position to rate it negatively, because it would be too late / you'd already have rated it positively at the time.

Jeff
Old 01-21-12, 07:02 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

^ Yeah that's what I was going to say lol. If a problem arises with the wheels, it will probably not happen before the buyer has left feedback, but after.
Old 01-21-12, 07:06 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

After some searching I found that image being used as far back as 2009, and someone in Europe saying it was IS F wheels on an IS250. Looks like the page you linked to stole the picture from someone else, as did this seller, that picture is of actual IS F wheels on a European IS250. :\

http://www.lexusforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=259

Jeff
Old 01-21-12, 07:13 PM
KillaIS250
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jeff Lange
After some searching I found that image being used as far back as 2009, and someone in Europe saying it was IS F wheels on an IS250. Looks like the page you linked to stole the picture from someone else, as did this seller, that picture is of actual IS F wheels on a European IS250. :\

http://www.lexusforum.nl/forum/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=259

Jeff
LOL. I Just found that link too and was about to post it.

Old 01-21-12, 07:18 PM
sleekbrian
Lexus Test Driver

^good point about the feedback, wasnt thinking thoroughly

The picture may be stolen, but i still dont think that speaks for the quality of the product. Almost all of the rep lips on ebay are pictures of authentic lips and not the replica. People still have good results with these rep lips, although not all the time of course. Also i am aware of that i am comparing a metal wheel to a piece of plastic lol. But I am only giving these a chance cause the LFA style wheels have been attracting a lot of attention with a handful of members already owning them. I have not heard any problems with those yet.

I think we can agree that we will not really know the quality of these wheels until someone can vouch for them on the forums. I think someone on the other thread in the IS-F section said he had them on his IS250. I've already PM'ed him. Hopefully he chimes in.
Old 01-21-12, 07:22 PM
Jeff Lange
Keeping it Real

Found someone who appears to be selling them is Australia, though the specs are slightly different:

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/19-LEXUS-...item415f780202

Jeff

Quick Reply: IS-F Style Wheels