Joey-E
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Also looking forward to the vid, that pretty awesome
Old 02-19-13, 04:43 PM
Maserati
Advanced

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

that push to start button looks awesome, price isn't bad but install might be tricky
Old 02-19-13, 05:46 PM
SliC300
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

hmm... whats to stop someone from jumping in your car and driving away with your baby... I mean, I bet there's a shut of range and all, but still,
Old 02-19-13, 07:28 PM
thm8d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by SliC300
hmm... whats to stop someone from jumping in your car and driving away with your baby... I mean, I bet there's a shut of range and all, but still,
I'm not sure what you mean by jump in and drive off. The range of the alarm/sensor is approximately 5 feet from your car. Once you step 5 feet away, it'll auto lock. You could also remotely shut off your car if someone does manage to jump in and attempt to drive off
Old 02-19-13, 08:04 PM
samc
Driver School Candidate

for those with aftermarket radios with the useless radio power button... i wonder if they installed one into that radio button spot on the dash
Old 02-19-13, 08:20 PM
thm8d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by samc
for those with aftermarket radios with the useless radio power button... i wonder if they installed one into that radio button spot on the dash
That would look kind of weird. What would you end up doing with the stock key hole?
Old 02-19-13, 09:39 PM
Jos
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw these a while back and couldn't order it at the time! If you get this installed and it works well I'll definitely follow suit.
Old 02-19-13, 11:42 PM
acl99
Rookie

After that guy sent his MKIV into a wall using his remote start I can't be sure I will ever put one on any of my vehicles.
Old 02-20-13, 04:47 AM
Aron9000
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 27 Posts

^ You're a complete retard if you put a remote start in a manual transmission vehicle. As for the push button thing, its IMO more of a gimmick than anything on newer cars.

There is a HUGE fault with these type of systems too. Lets say you drop your wife off at the mall to do some shopping, and you take her car, that has her "remote fob key", in her purse. You forgot to take your "remote fob key" with you, and proceed to drive 20 miles to the opposite side of town to do another errand. You shut the car off, go inside, do your errand, then come back to start the car and realize you are totally ****ed because she still has the key in her purse.

Some cars are pretty good about lighting up a message "Key fob not detected" and beep at you if this happens, but its not universal for all cars. I've been moonlighting doing valet parking for the past year and have found that I can park a car, then realize I don't have the key fob and can't start it again.

Last edited by Aron9000; 02-20-13 at 04:51 AM.
Old 02-20-13, 06:20 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Aron9000
^ You're a complete retard if you put a remote start in a manual transmission vehicle. As for the push button thing, its IMO more of a gimmick than anything on newer cars.

There is a HUGE fault with these type of systems too. Lets say you drop your wife off at the mall to do some shopping, and you take her car, that has her "remote fob key", in her purse. You forgot to take your "remote fob key" with you, and proceed to drive 20 miles to the opposite side of town to do another errand. You shut the car off, go inside, do your errand, then come back to start the car and realize you are totally ****ed because she still has the key in her purse.

Some cars are pretty good about lighting up a message "Key fob not detected" and beep at you if this happens, but its not universal for all cars. I've been moonlighting doing valet parking for the past year and have found that I can park a car, then realize I don't have the key fob and can't start it again.
This is exactly why I carry my girlfriends "bypass credit card". It's the same size as any debit card.
Old 02-21-13, 03:23 PM
grumpi300
Lead Lap

what if the battery dies. do you still use the stock lexus key to get in and open the hood? i personally like it. i wouldnt turn it on if i were outside of the vehicle due to not being stupid and starting it in gear. haha. thats just simple common sence. dont park in valet or give them the key. they wont loose it. just really does sound like a pain if the battery does die.
Old 02-21-13, 04:47 PM
thm8d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by grumpi300
what if the battery dies. do you still use the stock lexus key to get in and open the hood? i personally like it. i wouldnt turn it on if i were outside of the vehicle due to not being stupid and starting it in gear. haha. thats just simple common sence. dont park in valet or give them the key. they wont loose it. just really does sound like a pain if the battery does die.
I completely agree. I would never valet my car because I simply cannot trust valet drivers. I have a few friends who are valet drivers and they like to do some small launches sometimes... lol. Yes if the battery dies, it would be a hassle. You would need the OEM key to open the door. Maybe have it hidden somewhere on the wheel well, that is accessible.
Old 02-22-13, 08:55 AM
socalturbo
Driver

1. auto unlock doors when in range
2. hop in driver seat and use the push button start
3. start driving then steering lock kicks in, oooops!

I think you'd need to break a key inside the ignition. But i could be wrong.
Old 02-22-13, 08:58 AM
thm8d
Pole Position

Originally Posted by socalturbo
1. auto unlock doors when in range
2. hop in driver seat and use the push button start
3. start driving then steering lock kicks in, oooops!

I think you'd need to break a key inside the ignition. But i could be wrong.
You are correct. You need to leave a key in the ignition. Move the ignition behind the dash. Keep the key on ACC position. Disconnect the power source the the ignition so it doesnt draw voltage. You then connect the new push start module in parallel with the stock igition. Once you push the button, it completes the circuit and starts your car
Old 02-22-13, 10:33 AM
kght_dft
Driver

What if your car is turbo..how is gonna work with that..i wonder..hmm..Second, I wonder if you can add a second alarm for EXTRA EXTRA security with this...lol

Has anyone here try hooking something like this to a turbo car with a turbo timer? Anyone with any type of input on this would be great since I like the idea.

Thanks,
David

Quick Reply: Keyless entry supra