IS - 3rd Gen (2014-present) Discussion about the 2014+ model IS models

2015 Model

Old 02-23-14, 12:03 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

I just thought of something and looked at the Detroit photos of the RC coming out...as we all know it's basically a 2 door version of the IS...and I saw something...the F model had memory seats, Dynamic Cruise Control, Heated Steering Wheel, ventilated seats as well, all things we can't get in 2014. Surely that means that the IS will come out with those in 2015. Don't you think?? Otherwise I guess I'll have to get an RC.
Old 02-24-14, 05:09 AM
QuentinB
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by salvadorik
Come on Glashub! It is not my business to poke my nose into your arguments but I think you are overreacting. There was no implication in his comment that Americans are stupid in whatever context you took it. CA and US are both americans, regardless. For Lexus we are North America and to stay competitive in this continent Toyota needs to price the vehicles properly. I personally don't find it overwhelmingly bad that we don't have small little things (others of course may disagree) such as fog lights in F-Sport trim or ventilated/memory seats etc. Overall 3IS in america is priced very competitively compared to other countries and I am very glad that I bought my 3IS 350 F Sport for $43K pretty much fully loaded. My only gripe is that Lexus is still using these two ancient engines. IS 350's engine is not that powerful but gets pretty bad mpg (in my case around 19mpg average with 50hwy/50city driving). In this segment it is not good at all. BMW 335i with its a lot more powerful engine gets 22 city and 32 hwy mpg. I am not even gonna talk about IS 250, which I personally don't understand what is the benefit compared to 350 (other than a little cheaper price but a lot slower). Lexus needs to step up and come up with a good forced induction engine. Other than that I would give 3IS 350 a good 8 out of 10. Very good value for the money.
Based on fuelly, the BMW does about 9% better on fuel efficiency than the IS350. You'd get 20-21 mpg on the 335i. Those turbo motors return better fuel efficiency on the EPA test than they do in the real world. I wouldn't expect to ever get 32mpg over a whole tank on the 335i unless you were driving through Indiana at 65mph.
Old 02-24-14, 06:34 PM
Bearcat
Lead Lap

Received 31 Likes on 26 Posts

Was just told by my dealer that 2015 will have same packages for the IS, either fsport or luxury, but not both. Stinks. May look into importing one from Canada.
Old 02-24-14, 07:38 PM
neilvosko
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i just got rid of the 335i, stock or tuned 20 mpg 50/50 city/hwy on a good day...maybe a 5 to 10 percent better, but not much difference. you have to compare to the n20 4 cylinder turbo to get any decent mpg
Old 04-26-14, 01:30 AM
Rebirthing
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Man, it seems like there isn't any announcement for the MY15 IS yet at the NY Auto Show.... (
Old 04-26-14, 08:47 AM
Joe Z
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1,058 Likes on 586 Posts
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by Rebirthing
Man, it seems like there isn't any announcement for the MY15 IS yet at the NY Auto Show.... (
Correct... And I wouldn't have expected it either...

Late Summer early Fall is when they arrive after the factory turnover in August..

~ Joe Z
Old 04-26-14, 11:04 AM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also thought they would at least announce something either at NY or Beijing

Originally Posted by Bearcat
Was just told by my dealer that 2015 will have same packages for the IS, either fsport or luxury, but not both. Stinks. May look into importing one from Canada.
I don't know what you're looking for but in Canada we get packages in the real sense of the word. You have absolutely no option to add or remove. You have to take the package as it is. This also stinks if you ask me! I would have loved to add BSM, ML and other things to my "F-Sport Premium" package...
Old 04-26-14, 01:08 PM
damtachoa
Pole Position

I expect 2015 model will have these:
1) Memory Seat
2) Folding Mirror
3) Fog Light
4) Power Trunk
5) Bigger Nav Screen

Am I asking too much?
Old 04-26-14, 01:20 PM
jnjmatts
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
I also thought they would at least announce something either at NY or Beijing

I don't know what you're looking for but in Canada we get packages in the real sense of the word. You have absolutely no option to add or remove. You have to take the package as it is. This also stinks if you ask me! I would have loved to add BSM, ML and other things to my "F-Sport Premium" package...
You could have. It's called the "Executive Package"
Old 04-26-14, 01:32 PM
davyjordi
Pole Position

Received 173 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by damtachoa
I expect 2015 model will have these:
1) Memory Seat
2) Folding Mirror
3) Fog Light
4) Power Trunk
5) Bigger Nav Screen

Am I asking too much?
the nav screen ideally would be bigger but the steering instrumentation cluster overhead arch would have be restyled so that a larger screen would be able to be viewed as the way it's set up right now occludes a significant portion of the left side. that's fine right now as there is nothing but the black surround, although if the screen were even marginally larger i wouldn't be able to see the screen in it's entirety from a variety of seat positions.

a bigger nav screen may (or may not) be introduced with the mid-cycle refresh/facelift but i doubt it'll make it's way into the car for the 2015 year.

power trunk? this isn't an suv/cuv. i'm not aware of any luxury car marque offering a power trunk on any entry-level model - correct me if i'm wrong, though. not that lexus can't be the first to do so, but is it within the class or does that feature at present push into other classes? tough question. could be an option, i suppose, attached to, say, the luxury package like the rear sunshade is.

as for the first three on your list -- very reasonable expectations.

Last edited by davyjordi; 04-26-14 at 01:51 PM.
Old 04-26-14, 03:23 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 268 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by Bearcat
I just thought of something and looked at the Detroit photos of the RC coming out...as we all know it's basically a 2 door version of the IS...and I saw something...the F model had memory seats, Dynamic Cruise Control, Heated Steering Wheel, ventilated seats as well, all things we can't get in 2014. Surely that means that the IS will come out with those in 2015. Don't you think?? Otherwise I guess I'll have to get an RC.
Wrong! It's not that Lexus cannot add those features to the car, it's the added cost to MSRP of entry level IS. RC-F would cost about $70k of course it will have all the feature. 2015 IS probably will not have all the bells and whistle. Just look at RC350 F-sport. It's also missing memory seats, ventilated seats, parking assist, and it still comes with the same Nav screen size. Sorry to break the news.
Old 04-26-14, 06:09 PM
4TehNguyen
Lexus Fanatic

Received 51 Likes on 46 Posts

i have the feeling the 2015 will have an FSport+ package like the RC, LSD and other things
Old 04-26-14, 07:47 PM
Aeromotive
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jnjmatts
You could have. It's called the "Executive Package"
Yup, but you give up F Sport. Silly, ain't it?
Old 04-26-14, 11:50 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 152 Likes on 90 Posts

I can't imagine anyone wanting the 2015 when the 2016 is confirmed to have the new high-tech turbo motor. I'd wait...
Old 04-27-14, 12:20 AM
Kimchiguy
Pit Crew

Received 127 Likes on 62 Posts

Originally Posted by Aeromotive
Yup, but you give up F Sport. Silly, ain't it?
My 2014 IS350 AWD is the F Sport Executive Package. There are 3 levels of F Sport (AWD only) in Canada: F Sport Base, F Sport Premium (Moonroof and Nav), and F Sport Executive (ML Audio, BSM, Rear Cross Traffic and Radar Cruise, Pre-collision System). For some reason, the RWD F Sport models don't have the F Sport Executive package.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2015 Model