Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lowering problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-14, 09:34 PM
Orozco27
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering problems

Hey guys my friend just bought roadmagnet springs and we installed them. We matched them up to the old springs and installed them that way but now we are done and one side is tucking and the other has 2 finger gap? What could of we done wrong ? Any ideas?
Old 05-01-14, 06:35 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

what do you mean when you say "We matched them up to the old springs"?
They should have come with some indication if they were for the front or back. The spring rate is probably printed on them somewhere. Did you check for that and make sure the matched pairs went front back, not left right? I'm guessing you didn't look, or you didn't find any spring rate printed on them, or you wouldn't have posted. Take the wheel off and check the front and see if you find any printing on there.
Old 05-01-14, 06:56 AM
Orozco27
Driver

Originally Posted by scott1256c
what do you mean when you say "We matched them up to the old springs"? They should have come with some indication if they were for the front or back. The spring rate is probably printed on them somewhere. Did you check for that and make sure the matched pairs went front back, not left right? I'm guessing you didn't look, or you didn't find any spring rate printed on them, or you wouldn't have posted. Take the wheel off and check the front and see if you find any printing on there.
there's no indication of any printing other then the brand
Old 05-01-14, 07:34 AM
scott1256c
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so again, what did you do to "match them up"?

I mean your original post said "what could we have done wrong" and the obvious response is "you put the fronts on the left and the rears on the right". But before I actually say that, I'd like to find out what you did to "match them up". Maybe after you tell us, the conclusion will be "you got a wrong spring". Or a bad spring.
Old 05-01-14, 09:04 AM
Orozco27
Driver

Originally Posted by scott1256c
so again, what did you do to "match them up"? I mean your original post said "what could we have done wrong" and the obvious response is "you put the fronts on the left and the rears on the right". But before I actually say that, I'd like to find out what you did to "match them up". Maybe after you tell us, the conclusion will be "you got a wrong spring". Or a bad spring.
We compared the old front springs to the new ones that match up and the rears to the new ones that match up. Obviously there's going be two different sizes